The nervous wait to exchange....

Soldato
We have a completion date! 12 April!

have been living with in laws since October and are very much looking forward to getting our new house.

We have told our solicitor we are buying the lease hold also and are now waiting for everything to be done.

Soldato
We have a completion date! 12 April!

have been living with in laws since October and are very much looking forward to getting our new house.

We have told our solicitor we are buying the lease hold also and are now waiting for everything to be done.

Your house is leasehold?

Soldato
What a horrible idea, surely it's the worst of both worlds and serves no purpose other than to further line the pockets of the developers.

Soldato
I’m stuck in limbo as I don’t really know what’s happening or where things are currently.

So far I have made an offer which was accepted, applied for the mortgage which was accepted and paid my first payment to the solicitors to start the process their end, that was a week ago and I’ve had no contact since.

When I phoned the solicitors yesterday and asked if the searches had been done, they said no and that unless I phone and ask then I won’t know the result.

I know when you sell a house, you do a check list of items you are keeping/leaving, when does this normally become available to the buyer?

Associate
I’m stuck in limbo as I don’t really know what’s happening or where things are currently.

So far I have made an offer which was accepted, applied for the mortgage which was accepted and paid my first payment to the solicitors to start the process their end, that was a week ago and I’ve had no contact since.

When I phoned the solicitors yesterday and asked if the searches had been done, they said no and that unless I phone and ask then I won’t know the result.

I know when you sell a house, you do a check list of items you are keeping/leaving, when does this normally become available to the buyer?

It took a couple of months for our searches to come through so I'd sit back and forget about it for a while.
The list of fixtures and fittings came through after the searches and we know the sellers completed it about 6 weeks earlier so it's probably solicitors taking their time.

Man of Honour

Searches took about 6 weeks for us. We've found the solicitors involved in our house move mostly to be a shambles generally re-asking for documents provided specifically rather than looking at what has been submitted to them and we and the estate agent (who seems to be doing half the solicitors job for them) have had to keep constantly on them to get any progress.

Check list should be available once you have an offer.

Associate
In a similar situation, had our offer accepted, paid for search fee's and now radio silence.

Their estimated completion date as it stands is 16th May.

A month and a half from start to finish - Don't see that happening :D

Soldato
Searches took about 6 weeks for us. We've found the solicitors involved in our house move mostly to be a shambles generally re-asking for documents provided specifically rather than looking at what has been submitted to them and we and the estate agent (who seems to be doing half the solicitors job for them) have had to keep constantly on them to get any progress.

Check list should be available once you have an offer.

Very typical.

Soldato
Thanks!

A week on and still unpacking boxes! Getting specced for blinds today, having all windows bare has been weird, haha.

Took me weeks before I felt like I’d properly moved in to my place - and it’s only a small 1 bedroom maisonette :p

Can’t even imagine the logistics involved with a nice big house likes yours :D

Back
Top Bottom