Free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members

Soldato
I'm not sure why it happens. Overclockers and one other place I nearly bought from seem to be the only place that flags Aberdeen as highlands and islands.
The other place wanted to charge me £16 for delivery of two relays the size of a match box!!

Associate
Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm not sure why it happens. Overclockers and one other place I nearly bought from seem to be the only place that flags Aberdeen as highlands and islands.
The other place wanted to charge me £16 for delivery of two relays the size of a match box!!

@michty_me It's DPD that is screwing us over as they pretty much class everywhere north of Dundee as non UK mainland. Before DPD came along I used to get free shipping from three retailers due to forum activities. DPD came along and free delivery was removed from all of them. Scam is the worst who often want £16 for delivery now so I haven't shopped with them for years. We can get free delivery on lightweight and cheap items that can be delivered by Royal Mail 2nd class but even that is hit or miss as to whether we get free delivery. I have had cheap items in the basket before only to get to the checkout to see I am being charged for delivery and it costs more than the item itself so I delete it and go elsewhere. I recently bought a Corsair MP510 960Gb NVME drive from here when it was on offer. It was a good price but sadly the £8.95 postal charge meant that it wasn't that much cheaper than other places. Even by paying for delivery we still only get a second rate service as DPD takes two days to deliver here so no next day delivery anymore. DPD is terrible for here and I have never had a time slot or live tracking with them. People complained about Citylink but here they were brilliant and next day actually meant next day.

Soldato
@michty_me It's DPD that is screwing us over as they pretty much class everywhere north of Dundee as non UK mainland. Before DPD came along I used to get free shipping from three retailers due to forum activities. DPD came along and free delivery was removed from all of them. Scam is the worst who often want £16 for delivery now so I haven't shopped with them for years. We can get free delivery on lightweight and cheap items that can be delivered by Royal Mail 2nd class but even that is hit or miss as to whether we get free delivery. I have had cheap items in the basket before only to get to the checkout to see I am being charged for delivery and it costs more than the item itself so I delete it and go elsewhere. I recently bought a Corsair MP510 960Gb NVME drive from here when it was on offer. It was a good price but sadly the £8.95 postal charge meant that it wasn't that much cheaper than other places. Even by paying for delivery we still only get a second rate service as DPD takes two days to deliver here so no next day delivery anymore. DPD is terrible for here and I have never had a time slot or live tracking with them. People complained about Citylink but here they were brilliant and next day actually meant next day.

Hi mate, I've never had a bad service from DPD to be fair. I'm wondering of the sellers I've used before have absorbed the cost for delivery.
Saying that, I've had something sitting in Portlethen depot for a few days now and they say it needs delivered. I keep selecting options but it never gets released so I guess I'll have to go to them. It was meant to be delivered on Tuesday.

Back
Top Bottom