Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Released 22/03/2019

Soldato
The ogre is easy just constantly hit the jump button and it can't hit you.

Yeah, I realise he's not terribly hard and I'm able to dodge him fairly consistently but one of my deaths was that silly teleport one and another one was when he overhead-slammed me while I was jumping back so it can occasionally catch you and it happened to one-shot me. It's just a case of git gud and maybe a bit of luck.

Associate
Tips for the boss with LB as her initials. Got about a quarter of health bar left but took a good 5 minutes of steady progress. Wondering if there’s any tips to a quicker demise?

This game is harder than bloodborn I would say as Bloodborne you could level up your main weapon/armour.

Soldato
Tips for the boss with LB as her initials. Got about a quarter of health bar left but took a good 5 minutes of steady progress. Wondering if there’s any tips to a quicker demise?

This game is harder than bloodborn I would say as Bloodborne you could level up your main weapon/armour.

She is quite tough early on, you might prefer to take out some more mini bosses first for the health upgrades and definitely take out the horse boss if you haven't already as you'll get an attack upgrade. Just a heads up that she actually has two phases and the second is slightly tougher.

You can grind a bit for skill upgrades, some of them can make a real difference.

If you don't mind a bit of cheese then you can spam the nightjar attack and it stun-locks her most of the time. Other tip is to use shurikens when she is in mid-air as they do decent damage.

Soldato
Shut down the game incorrectly so my save got corrupted (I have the Steam version) but breezed to the ogre and got him first time now, I was just more careful. Moving on:p Yes, I'd say this is harder than BB (didn't have much trouble in that) as well and it's going to get worse.

Soldato
Thinking about throwing in the towel. I love the setting, the characters, the whole ambience of it all - but I'm just not as good as I need to be.

I'm at the point where I'm a bit lost, I've found a few optional bosses - I think - but the two I need to beat seemingly are the way forward. There's this guy down by the abandoned dungeon who inflicts terror, and then the shadow guy with one arm missing down by where you start at the very beginning. I'm also struggling with the centipede and spear guys. Any advice welcome, before I stick it on eBay :(

Associate
Thinking about throwing in the towel. I love the setting, the characters, the whole ambience of it all - but I'm just not as good as I need to be.

I'm at the point where I'm a bit lost, I've found a few optional bosses - I think - but the two I need to beat seemingly are the way forward. There's this guy down by the abandoned dungeon who inflicts terror, and then the shadow guy with one arm missing down by where you start at the very beginning. I'm also struggling with the centipede and spear guys. Any advice welcome, before I stick it on eBay :(
Never give up, watch and learn their attack pattern and chip away their health/posture and be patient.

Associate

They are optional apart from the centipede, but he is very easy. He will hit you 8 or 9 times, block them all very fast and he will move back with the red icon appearing, jump on his head to deal massive posture damage. Block his same 9 hits and jump on his head again this should trigger the first deathblow. Rinse and repeat.

Soldato
Thinking of calling it quits as well, I seem to have hit a point where the exploration dries up and it's just a cycle of (mini)-bosses which is kind of like running into a wall repeatedly and any sense of achievement lasts about a minute before you hit another one. There are a few too many things that aren't hard as much as just cheap like enemies that track you as they jump and the whole dragonrot mechanic is awful as it just punishes you even more.

I don't get a heap of gaming time and for me this game has just about stopped being fun so I most likely I'll move on. I enjoyed the early stages quite a bit but it's becoming a rather fruitless slog.

Soldato
Never give up, watch and learn their attack pattern and chip away their health/posture and be patient.

I've done a fair few bosses which I never thought I could but, as another poster says below, I'm just not sure I'm finding it fun anymore.

I know the consensus is to "git gud", but I genuinely don't know if I have the patience, when I could be playing a myriad of games that - to me at least - are hugely more enjoyable.

Resigned myself to playing the new Yoshi game on Switch afterwards, it felt amazing! :D

They are optional apart from the centipede, but he is very easy. He will hit you 8 or 9 times, block them all very fast and he will move back with the red icon appearing, jump on his head to deal massive posture damage. Block his same 9 hits and jump on his head again this should trigger the first deathblow. Rinse and repeat.

Ha, technique is all that's to it. Thanks for the heads up, I'll give it another go.

Thinking of calling it quits as well, I seem to have hit a point where the exploration dries up and it's just a cycle of (mini)-bosses which is kind of like running into a wall repeatedly and any sense of achievement lasts about a minute before you hit another one. There are a few too many things that aren't hard as much as just cheap like enemies that track you as they jump and the whole dragonrot mechanic is awful as it just punishes you even more.

I don't get a heap of gaming time and for me this game has just about stopped being fun so I most likely I'll move on. I enjoyed the early stages quite a bit but it's becoming a rather fruitless slog.

This - exactly this.

Soldato
I just checked out the final boss fight on youtube and that confirmed for me that I'm moving on. There is just no way I have the time (or ability and patience) available to finish a 4-phase fight where 1-2 hits would kill me, assuming I'd even make it that far which is unlikely based on what I've heard about some of the bosses in the near-end game.

Loved the previous Soulsborne games but this is just too rough on my 37 year old reflexes and too demanding for my 5-10 hours of gaming time each week.

Full respect and good luck to everyone who is persisting though! :)

Associate
I just checked out the final boss fight on youtube and that confirmed for me that I'm moving on. There is just no way I have the time (or ability and patience) available to finish a 4-phase fight where 1-2 hits would kill me, assuming I'd even make it that far which is unlikely based on what I've heard about some of the bosses in the near-end game.

Loved the previous Soulsborne games but this is just too rough on my 37 year old reflexes and too demanding for my 5-10 hours of gaming time each week.

Full respect and good luck to everyone who is persisting though! :)

That last boss, 6 hours total game time he took me. Also when I won it was complete fluke and not skill based. Trouble is once I started I could not stop trying until it was over, I don't think I could beat it again being honest lol.

Soldato
Yeah, young me would have relished that but I just don't have the time (or inclination if I'm honest) to spend 6 hours on one boss. Kudos for managing it though, my nerves would be fried by the end!!

Soldato
Definitely a love/hate affair for me and I've been in the situation were I'm thinking I just can't be arsed with this anymore. A break usually helps and admittedly a quick Google for tips, I'm not dexterous enough on the pad or have the frame of mind to break down a bosses minute patterns myself.

My technique for the last Boss I beat was to run away from him and hit him after one of his most predictable attacks, a long and boring fight but got there in the end, and the story continues, which is probably the only thing that's keeping me playing this.

Associate
I definitely think he Minibosses are too hard...I don't mind a good challenge against proper bosses.....in fact I loved Lady Butterfly and Genchiro (even if he took me 100+ goes ha)...but some Mini bosses such as Seven Ashina Spears - Sikibu Toshikatsu Yamauchi who you have to clear a huge amount of mobs just to have a try each time and then find he is just as hard if not harder than Genchiro...and they are everywhere!

Its quite disheartening constantly dieing while learning a new attack pattern from some new nails MB every 100 yards.

Soldato
Mini bosses get easier for the most part after 7 Spears IMO. I flew through the game after him and Genichiro. Also, you only need to kill 3 enemies to get to him, as you can just take the path you took in the intro.

Associate
That gives me a bit of hope....I guess I felt a bit deflated after a huge amount of time to beat Genchiro, only to come across 7 Spears straight after and he's just as hard.

I know you can sneak there, but I like the space to fight and sometimes would pull the mobs which was controller smashing stuff.

Back
Top Bottom