budget AMD build...

Soldato
considering building the following with an AMD cpu with integrated graphics to keep cost down
currently using an E8400 and 8800GTS 512 card so pretty much anything would be an upgrade

want to use it for light photoshop work and to try some video editing - I downloaded the Premiere Pro trial but the vid's started stuttering halfway through the tutorial, which is half the reason for wanting something new.
Can't play any games atm, I know a gfx card would be much better but just being able to play demos/my old games on steam will let me see if I want to uild somehting better in the future

also want to use my existing case for now which is ATX, will the MB fit?
the case - https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Cases-and-Cooling/Cooler-Master-Centurion-530-Mid-Tower-Case

will everything here work together ok? any suggestion to reduce cost/improve?

cheers

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £393.49 (includes shipping: £11.10)

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure if your able to stretch to £500.. or sell the 3 free games you get to make up some cash back ?

Total: £497.05 (includes shipping: £11.10)

12 threads will help with Prem Pro. As paying for intel 8400 would give better results , but onboard GPU is a lot weaker the Ryzen 2400g

Soldato
OP
could you do a budget intel/nvidia build? would be funny to upgrade from an 8400 to an 8400!

I was only thinking AMD because I'd been reading how their integrated graphics were the best, then seeing the total at under £400 was appealing

Soldato
could you do a budget intel/nvidia build? would be funny to upgrade from an 8400 to an 8400!

I was only thinking AMD because I'd been reading how their integrated graphics were the best, then seeing the total at under £400 was appealing

apologies for the delay . GTX 1060 is more powerful then the RX 570 4GB along with 2 xtra 2GB of VRAM

Total: £536.05 (includes shipping: £11.10)

9400F is more powerful then Ryzen 2600 for PURE GAMING at 1080p as well

if you wanted to know down price cheaper ...

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/koli...us-bronze-modular-power-supply-ca-02c-kk.html

but wouldnt recommend it!

dont get the free game along with Rzyen 2600 bundle , but still full Gigabte warranty with board and card.
again to keep costs down, ASRock rx570 for £130 but now no longer comes with 2 free games

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asro...ddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-005-ak.html

more price dropping , but if gaming wouldn't recommend it personally

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...151-ddr4-micro-atx-motherboard-mb-56t-gi.html

budget as can be

BB CODE
Total: £509.04 (includes shipping: £11.10)

with the Aorus AMD bundle being same price, would choose that for the better board and PSU​

Last edited:
Soldato
want to use it for light photoshop work and to try some video editing - I downloaded the Premiere Pro trial but the vid's started stuttering halfway through the tutorial

also want to use my existing case for now which is ATX, will the MB fit?
the case - https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Cases-and-Cooling/Cooler-Master-Centurion-530-Mid-Tower-Case
Well, isn't that only good excuse for why you haven't gone through tutorials, if someone asks?:p

Parts fit to that case, but that last millennium's PSU on top design is rather horrible for anything but light use.
Unless you've got Dremel or similar job doing tools to improve cooling I would suggest new case.

And certainly PSU would have to be good quality instead of marketing BS cheapo when used as case exhaust.
Neighbour had two PSUs die in pretty simular design case in PC assembled at same time as yours:
Known to be reliably very unreliable PSU bundled with the case surrendered in five months and next standard level capacitor PSU cooked up in four years.

Soldato
^^Esat is a bit of a beast with PSUs :D

again, heads up about Kolink PSU .. been trying to get rep on here to push for some reviews !

their flagship models, thing of class but at a different £££ scale

Soldato
OP
Jesus, my PC is from the last millennium :D
I’ll get a proper look at the builds when I’m home...phone is rubbish for researching, and I’m supposed to be working
Cheers

Soldato
OP
leaning towards going as cheap as possible...it just all starts adding up then you're soon at 150% of the figure you first started with!

I can't find it on OC website but would a Corsair VS450 psu be fine for this? I'm going on the theory Corsair is a decent brand and will the MB + PSU fit in my antiquated case?

Total: £260.47 (includes shipping: £10.50)

Unless you've got Dremel or similar job doing tools to improve cooling I would suggest new case.

I do...where would the vents go? I remember when building it the idea was to pull air through front panel and exit through rear, there's an intake fan on the front and exhaust on the back just now. How does the PSU fan affect things?​

Last edited:
Soldato
Board will work fine, blessing is Gigabytes customer service .

Personally push Gigabyte B450M Gaming for the same price !!! Difference is 2 Dimm slot so better ram support for APUs and heatsink, seems Buildzoid likes it as a APU board .

£70-75

Soldato
OP
no intention of upgrading this btw so whatever ram goes in just now will be forever :)

what about budget PSU? The Corsair VS450 is £30...seems so cheap..but fine/reliable for a basic build?

Soldato
OP
thanks tamzzy

was just watching this....put me right off the idea when he's in the water and it glitches. I'm not a serious gamer but I'd be really disappointed if it did that with any game, and there was no cure

https://youtu.be/BtQih352lac?t=484

will have to come up with another budget, thinking maybe £300 for the gfx card, with suitable board/cpu/ram....I'll not be buying one but when the new AMD/Ryzen cpu's are released in the summer will that likely make any of the current intel processors cheaper?

Man of Honour
I'll not be buying one but when the new AMD/Ryzen cpu's are released in the summer will that likely make any of the current intel processors cheaper?
possibly, but i wouldn't bet on it.

if you're not averse to going preowned...can get a lot of bang for your buck - especially as you have members market access!

Soldato
OP
I'd go for new parts....the likelihood is that apart from the first few weeks it'll rarely get used for gaming, but if the budget option means glitches and other problems I'd rather up the budget and get something with a dedicated gfx card, and once you're spending £5-600 may as well go a little higher to get more in to the mid range cards etc

Man of Honour
If you're buying from the members market it's safer as the sellers can help out with warranty claims should it be required. Also cuts out the middleman, so price normally slightly cheaper than eBay etc.
I've got no qualms going 2nd hand...most of my current main pc is 2nd hand! Used != Buggy.

Soldato
OP
I'll have a look in the MM, just doesn't seem like much of a saving over the length of time I'll have the PC.
Would prob make more sense going 2nd hand if upgrading regularly tho :)

Back
Top Bottom