• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 2080ti- aio options

Soldato
Think I will try and see if a 240 fractal design will fit the kraken G12 and see what it’s like- day can always put the original cooler back on I suppose while I look at the Phoenix option

I do not see why you could do half the job trying to fit a Kraken G12. Someone else tried it on the 2080Ti without much success given high idle temps and 100% fan speeds.
After all a Kragen G12 + X52 will set you back £140 and the performance won't be the same as full block. Even the single 140mm MLC + waterblock would do better job, however the 140mm is more expensive even than the 280mm one!!!!!!!! :confused:

Associate
OP
I do not see why you could do half the job trying to fit a Kraken G12. Someone else tried it on the 2080Ti without much success given high idle temps and 100% fan speeds.
After all a Kragen G12 + X52 will set you back £140 and the performance won't be the same as full block. Even the single 140mm MLC + waterblock would do better job, however the 140mm is more expensive even than the 280mm one!!!!!!!!

I have both a G12 and the Fractal lying around so it wont cost me anything to try it- only my time
I have had many years of fitting and using full waterblocks and loops going back to GTX580s in SLI but this is for my sister who is only interested in the noise aspect rather than the aesthetics and I'm trying to help her without having to spend a few hundred quid extra for her

Associate
After all a Kragen G12 + X52 will set you back £140 and the performance won't be the same as full block. Even the single 140mm MLC + waterblock would do better job, however the 140mm is more expensive even than the 280mm one!!!!!!!! :confused:

wondering if the block is making proper contact with chip if he is having to run fans at 100%

Associate
Good luck in court trying to tell the judge that you ignored the warranty void stickers and now want to claim.
You will get laughed out of court with a big bill for cost and still have no warranty on the card.

Given that it can't legally be inforced I'm not sure what you are going on about.

bru

bru

Soldato
Having trouble finding any by any chance? Just remember that anything to do with the FTC is nothing to do with us over here in the UK.;)

Soldato

There are a few variable for this, but I was talking to a guy who used the g12 with an x52 on his 2080ti - he also put copper heatsinks onto the memory, vrm and mosfets, he did find the temps dropped compared to the stock cooler, but he found he could not overclock the memory the card would crash right away.

He then decided to throw that away and get a block and put the card on a loop, the card then overclocked another 100mhz higher than the g12 + x52 AND he now found he could push +800mhz on the memory where as before +100mhz would make it crash

I don't know if perhaps his installation of the AIO wasn't good, but at least in his experience it appears the G12 + x52 resulted in a core not overclocking as well as it could and potentially memory modules overheating as well - you'll notice that in the AIO 2080ti cards, like the kingpin I recently saw a teardown of, they have a metal brace that makes contact between the memory and AIO block so that the core and memory both get direct contact. But doing your own AIO means the memory is exposed and best you can do is attach a small heatsink to it

Last edited:
Soldato
There are a few variable for this, but I was talking to a guy who used the g12 with an x52 on his 2080ti - he also put copper heatsinks onto the memory, vrm and mosfets, he did find the temps dropped compared to the stock cooler, but he found he could not overclock the memory the card would crash right away.

He then decided to throw that away and get a block and put the card on a loop, the card then overclocked another 100mhz higher than the g12 + x52 AND he now found he could push +800mhz on the memory where as before +100mhz would make it crash

I don't know if perhaps his installation of the AIO wasn't good, but at least in his experience it appears the G12 + x52 resulted in a core not overclocking as well as it could and potentially memory modules overheating as well - you'll notice that in the AIO 2080ti cards, like the kingpin I recently saw a teardown of, they have a metal brace that makes contact between the memory and AIO block so that the core and memory both get direct contact. But doing your own AIO means the memory is exposed and best you can do is attach a small heatsink to it

I completely agree with you. Full block with something like an MLC is the best solution.
Especially on a card that costs 1000 quid and are prone to issues.

Associate
OP
I tried the g12 and both a kraken x72 and the fractal 240 but temps no much better than the stock so have gone back to that
I did however put the g13 n fractal on a gtx1080ti and temps massively down- idling at 26 and 40 at load

Associate
Given that it can't legally be inforced I'm not sure what you are going on about.
I have a plait rtx 2080ti that has failed and have been running on a g12. This has failed and palit are refusing to take it back as I invalidated the warranty according to them by removing the red sticker of the screw as it’s the intentional symbol for do not proceed!! Joke but they really aren’t budging, going to the credit card company now. So I am afraid Ross you are incorrect, palit do not allow the removal of the stock cooler but EVGA do for example.

Associate
I'm waiting for a nice aio 2080ti to come out. Currently, they all seem to suck except the kingpin or fw2. I wanted the gigabyte one but the rad is an oversized stupid design that offers no better cooling over a single rad

Back
Top Bottom