2018/19 Football betting thread

Associate
Morning all,

Just wondered if there would be any interest for a foorball punting thread being created?

I like to dabble in Football and Horse Racing bets when possible............responsibly of course!

Admin - if this type of thing isnt permitted please accepy my apologies and delete.

Soldato
I've actually moved to Higher Walton now so even closer to you!

There was also a facebook group which had a few people in posting tips/bets etc. Although this was back around 2014 and i have no idea if it's still going on. I don't really gamble these days.

Associate
OP
I've actually moved to Higher Walton now so even closer to you!

There was also a facebook group which had a few people in posting tips/bets etc. Although this was back around 2014 and i have no idea if it's still going on. I don't really gamble these days.
Not that far at all, I'm on the outskirts of Lostock Hall/Penwortham. I used to drink around HW in my younger years, Market Tav is still ok from what I can remember........

I tend to stay away from the Facebook betting groups as a lot of them are affiliated to bookies and gain money win or lose through links.

I'll just start a thread on here and post my bets, if people want to look great, if they don't then they don't.

Soldato
Market Tavern is a dive! I went in for half a game during the world cup and ended up watching the second half at home. Luckily there's a great bar opened over the road called the Cannbridge Ale House. Lovely craft beers and a nice atmosphere.

I tend to run up towards Lostock Hall/Penwortham a bit.

Yeah, it was an ocuk facebook group though so a bit more trustworthy. A lot quicker to get things on there than on here.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Market Tavern is a dive! I went in for half a game during the world cup and ended up watching the second half at home. Luckily there's a great bar opened over the road called the Cannbridge Ale House. Lovely craft beers and a nice atmosphere.

It has been a while since I've been in there...............:confused:

A couple of the lads I was at school with own a small craft beer bar in Bamber Bridge, Beer Box - great little boozer if you're ever up that way

Don
We've previously had a thread each season but by the looks of it nobody created one for this season. I'll update the thread title and this can be it.

Associate
OP
Ah nice. I've eyed it up a few times, along with the Brig and Barrel over the road but haven't been in either yet.
Both lovely little boozers mate, always quality ales on in both.

We've previously had a thread each season but by the looks of it nobody created one for this season. I'll update the thread title and this can be it.
Excellent thank you. I'll aded my thoughts on tonights games shortly

Associate
OP
I'll be adding my thoughts most days on what football bets I'll be on as I like to have a flutter most days. I generally look at leagues from all around the world and select my picks based on the stats that I see, I'm a goals man so my bets will generally all be BTTS, BTTS and O2.5 and my favourite for this year O1.5 goals Trebles.
A little bit of back ground - Until the middle of last year I was a contributer to a successful Telegram and Twitter based betting group. I left on good terms when I didn't like the direction that certain people were taking the group. When I left I stopped gambling for a while and it was a much needed and refreshing break. These days I discuss bets with a couple of mates via whattsapp and we have a pretty decent strike rate, so I thought I would share on here if anyone is interested.

The bets that I will be on today are as follows:

French L1 (6pm ko)
Strasbourg (10th)/Reims (6th)
Btts
1/1

This bet has landed in the last 6 H2H meetings - 4 of which were the past 2 seasons.

Italian Btts Double
Roma/Fiorentina
Torino/Sampdoria
1.83/1

Over 1.5 Goals Treble
Huesca/Celta Vigo
Eibar/Vallecano
Accrington/Sunderland
1.07/1

Now that I've decided to share my bets they'll probably all lose :(

Associate
OP
The bets that I will be on today are as follows:

French L1 (6pm ko)
Strasbourg (10th)/Reims (6th)
Btts
1/1

This bet has landed in the last 6 H2H meetings - 4 of which were the past 2 seasons.

Italian Btts Double
Roma/Fiorentina
Torino/Sampdoria
1.83/1

Over 1.5 Goals Treble
Huesca/Celta Vigo
Eibar/Vallecano
Accrington/Sunderland
1.07/1

2/3 tonight, winners at 1.07/1 & 1.83/1. Thankfully it wasn't 3 loses

Associate
OP
Seeing as last night was a relative success financially I'll post the bets that I will be in tonight.

Atalanta/Bologna
Btts
4/5

(Btts and O2.5 is also a good bet in this game imo, but I'll be sticking with straight Btts)

Goals Treble
Leganes to score
Sevilla/Alaves O1.5
Anderlecht/Brugge O1.5
26/25

Associate
Seeing as last night was a relative success financially I'll post the bets that I will be in tonight.

Atalanta/Bologna
Btts
4/5

(Btts and O2.5 is also a good bet in this game imo, but I'll be sticking with straight Btts)

Goals Treble
Leganes to score
Sevilla/Alaves O1.5
Anderlecht/Brugge O1.5
26/25

Well that was pretty profitable then!

Associate
OP
Apologies for missing a good few days, work gets in the way occassionally.

Saturday is generally my worst day, I put it down to too much choice :)

I will be on the following this afternoon

Aston Villa/Bristol
Btts and O2.5
11/10

Btts Double
Blackpool/Peterborough
Gillingham/Shrewsbury
1.83/1

Btts Treble
Middlesborough/Hull
Nottm Forest/Blackburn
Accrington/Walsall
4.36/1

Associate
I'm going to have a go at seeing how far I can get with £100 (fake - not actually betting). Looking to gain between 1-3% a day betting only on football. Betting amount is 2% of whatever my betting balance is. No accas. PSG messed up my start - they're having a mare. Liverpool can salvage tonight if they win which would take me back above the £100 mark. Just a bit of fun for a few months. If it works, might give it a go proper!

Man of Honour
I don't do many season-long bets but the only three I have put on this season (mid-season) are still in the running:

-Ajax to win CL @ 26 EW (1/2 odds)
-Aubabeyang top scorer @ 11 EW (1/3 odds)
-Everton top half finish @ 2.38

Soldato
I don't do many season-long bets but the only three I have put on this season (mid-season) are still in the running:

-Ajax to win CL @ 26 EW (1/2 odds)
-Aubabeyang top scorer @ 11 EW (1/3 odds)
-Everton top half finish @ 2.38

Nice picks, Ajax/Spurs is a coin flip imo.

At the the start of the season I did each-way doubles, trebles, 4-folds and an acca on the following teams for their respective divisions:

Liverpool (currently 2nd)
Nottingham Forest (useless swines - 13th)
Sunderland (3rd)
MK Dons (3rd)
Salford (2nd)

Should get a half decent return if i get 4 places out of 5. Sunderland and MK could balls it up though as those divisions are mega close.

Back
Top Bottom