What is your hidden gem of a game?

Soldato
Axelay on Super Nintendo. Fantastic side scrolling / Mode 7 space shooter with awesome level design and music.

Tenchu on PS1, this was quite underrated iirc but I loved it and completed it many times.

Soldato
Do you have any hidden gems of games that aren't that popular, or its never talked about much. But when you loaded it up, you loved it and played many hours on it?

I have 2 of them

The first is a game called The Saboteur. I played it on the PS3, but I think its out on other formats. It was an open world game and the main character is an irish guy. It's set in Europe as the Nazi's are trying to take over. So you have to go around doing various missions. In my opinion it was a very underrated game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Saboteur

When I read your post title, the first game that came to mind was this. I played it on the 360 and loved it. The style was interesting where areas of the map that you hadn't yet completed still rendering in black and white. Once you completed missions in that area, it would then render in colour.

Soldato
Mafia.

I was on work experience one day way back when, and had an hour lunch. Popped into WHSmith and saw it, not really sure what made me buy it! Just did. Still have the box now, something about it just captures the time period. Of course it is clunky but that is it's charm... :D

Caporegime
Mafia.

I was on work experience one day way back when, and had an hour lunch. Popped into WHSmith and saw it, not really sure what made me buy it! Just did. Still have the box now, something about it just captures the time period. Of course it is clunky but that is it's charm... :D
I loved the second one. Got a bit sad at the ending.

Associate
Soul Bubbles on the DS is an incredible game...so soothing and with amazing sound design, it's just an incredibly well designed little experience.

Soldato
The first Mafia was a bloody masterpiece, the second one was good, the third one was... ugh. Wasted potential.

I concur, but the third was quite enjoyable after putting some hours into it - it's a real struggle to call it a "Mafia" game mind, but I did enjoy it - and the head shots were brutal! Not Soldier of Fortune brutal, but some of the most gory for a while - it certainly made gunplay fun.

Back
Top Bottom