Epic will continue to sign exclusives, even for games already on Steam

Associate
......Epic will continue to sign exclusives, even for games already on Steam.....
Just seen this on pcgamer , the more i read the more i am starting to not like this Tim Sweeney ..

link to the story is here if u would like to read it for yourself..
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/epic-wil...even-for-games-already-on-steam/#comment-jump

this wat he said on twitter about it lol

We've had a lot of discussions about this since GDC. Epic is open to continuing to sign funding / exclusivity deals with willing developers and publishers regardless of their previous plans or announcements around Steam.

Soldato
I can't buy off them as I don't really want to contribute to yet another exclusive games store and have yet another client on my PC scooping up data.

Soldato
I won't use them, not for the reason as I'm against another client but I'm against them saying 'its better for the buyer/devs' and then charging the same ridiculous price as other places.

Offer the extra saving to me with the pub/dev getting the same amount and I'll be on board. Until then exclusives can go unbought by me.

Soldato
So what happens if this shady bunch of ***** buys exclusive rights to a game you already own on Steam, one that your save games are already in the Steam cloud?

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Wow there is already a epicthread with enough hate to go round for everyone but somehow you need another one.

Man of Honour
They can sign all the exclusives they want as far as I'm concerned, I dont give a damn which launcher I use to start my games, if its a game I really want I'll buy it regardless of whether its on Steam, Origin, Uplay, Battlenet, Epic or whatever. I know that I've said this dozens of times on the forum already, but hell if we can have repeated posts saying people wont buy from Epic then we can have repeated posts saying they will :)

Soldato
They can sign all the exclusives they want as far as I'm concerned, I dont give a damn which launcher I use to start my games, if its a game I really want I'll buy it regardless of whether its on Steam, Origin, Uplay, Battlenet, Epic or whatever. I know that I've said this dozens of times on the forum already, but hell if we can have repeated posts saying people wont buy from Epic then we can have repeated posts saying they will :)
Said the same myself, all the epic moaners need there own thread at this point :p

Maybe this can be it, the only way to end the multiple launchers is to bring back the days of installing from a disc and you just clicked the games exe no extra bits

That would be great however them days shall never be seen again

Soldato
Exclusives are never good for anybody(ill overlook devs putting first party titles exclusive to their own launcher) but worse than that is epics lack of security and support. I had an epic games account from a while back from playing unreal tournament alpha and the moba they did. Had not used for a long time and suddenly get an email, ive had 80 quid spent through my paypal account on my epic games account for fortnight stuff. Firstly i didnt even realise epic had setup a billing agreement with paypal from a one off purchase i made years ago and secondly both my bank and paypal said it was epics issue to deal with because of the pre-existing billing agreement. Que no support from epic and a lot of hassle trying to get in contact and get the issue resolved. Following this i dotn want to ever use them again and funnily enough i was on reddit yesterday and saw a story from a user who had the exact same issue as myself only he lost around £2000 not the £80 or something that i did.

Soldato
Exclusives are never good for anybody(ill overlook devs putting first party titles exclusive to their own launcher) but worse than that is epics lack of security and support. I had an epic games account from a while back from playing unreal tournament alpha and the moba they did. Had not used for a long time and suddenly get an email, ive had 80 quid spent through my paypal account on my epic games account for fortnight stuff. Firstly i didnt even realise epic had setup a billing agreement with paypal from a one off purchase i made years ago and secondly both my bank and paypal said it was epics issue to deal with because of the pre-existing billing agreement. Que no support from epic and a lot of hassle trying to get in contact and get the issue resolved. Following this i dotn want to ever use them again and funnily enough i was on reddit yesterday and saw a story from a user who had the exact same issue as myself only he lost around £2000 not the £80 or something that i did.
I get your issue with poor support and I hope it did get resolved, but why would you leave a PayPal agreement set up for something your not using, also with all the hacks companies have had occur last thing I'd do is leave card details or PayPal on any platform pc or consol

Soldato
I get your issue with poor support and I hope it did get resolved, but why would you leave a PayPal agreement set up for something your not using, also with all the hacks companies have had occur last thing I'd do is leave card details or PayPal on any platform pc or consol

As i said i did not realise it was connected with an agreement, i made a one off purchase which apparently automatically created this agreement..
None of that however excuses their lack of support or security to begin with.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I wouldn’t care about EG, if they were not such a clear psyop of the Chinese government.

Why should software connections get off with things that the likes of huawei can’t?

Man of Honour
Said the same myself, all the epic moaners need there own thread at this point :p

Maybe this can be it, the only way to end the multiple launchers is to bring back the days of installing from a disc and you just clicked the games exe no extra bits

That would be great however them days shall never be seen again

Ooh...I would love that, I miss my days of having loads of cool boxes on the shelves with their artwork and manuals

Permabanned
I dont mind launchers too much, though I do now have Battlenet, Origin, Steam, Epic Games, UPlay and Bethesda launchers.....getting a bit much....having to periodically open them all for updates.

Man of Honour
I dont mind launchers too much, though I do now have Battlenet, Origin, Steam, Epic Games, UPlay and Bethesda launchers.....getting a bit much....having to periodically open them all for updates.

I just open them and let them update while I grab something to eat, or walk the dogs, or catch up on the latest episode of Vikings :D

Soldato

Imagine a world where you could buy a game from any store/DRM system and they would have to compete on price, quality, functionality, privacy and general additional incentives.

What a world that would be.

Back
Top Bottom