Let's talk about Maidenhead

Soldato
Caversham is nice, but you are screwed by the single bridge in and out.

I quite liked Reading in a weird way. It was functional. Never felt very safe though.

Caversham is very nice down by the Thames and up along the back road to Oxford. Spent many an afternoon drinking their when I should have been in the Ericsson office just down the road.

Soldato
If you have flexible working hours, the M4 commute can be fine. Just get yo ass out of bed early. Get home early too #winning.

Soldato
I live and work in Maidenhead. Honestly it's not somewhere I could recommend and we want to move out of the area as soon as possible. If I didn't work in the town centre, I'd never visit it - unless you want a haircut, charity shop or an estate agents there's basically nothing! They're redeveloping the town centre but I don't hold out much hope for actual shoppers - it's going to be boutique shops and cafe's. We always travel to high wycombe to go shopping, although I wouldn't want to live there.

Crime in Maidenhead is on the rise. Just yesterday - https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8787249/maidenhead-alert-woman-tries-grab-girl-street-police-warning.

As others have said Marlow is a nicer area, although the traffic is bad. I've lived here all my life so if you have any questions feel free to drop me a message.

Associate
I won't link to The Sun to demonstrate crime trends, but yeah, I work in Maidenhead and there's little there. Lunch choices have increased recently... or perhaps my daytime drinking is opening more opportunities for lunch venues.

It's less depressing than Reading, but then I visited whatever that new shopping centre is in Basingrad the other day and it was pretty nice (although almost empty as it was a Sunday yay).

My favourite parts of Maidenhead are the parts on the edge of Maidenhead. I live south of Reading in a small 'village', but that's too far to consider a London commute.

Soldato
It's less depressing than Reading, but then I visited whatever that new shopping centre is in Basingrad the other day and it was pretty nice (although almost empty as it was a Sunday yay).

Not seen/heard anyone refer to Basingrad in a long time. :)

Is the town motto still “Could be worse, at least we’re not Bracknell”?

Soldato
Maidenhead is mostly a commuter town now. Its not bad, has plenty of amenities and good access. Marlow is nicer. There's loads of villages around the surrounding area.

Back
Top Bottom