Best place to got for Utilities prices when you have no usage figures ?

Soldato
So my flatmate has left all of a sudden forcing me to take on a flat by myself. I've not had to set up Utilities in over a decade so I have no idea where to get prices/quotes etc as I have no usage figures (flatmate handled the bills).

Its a first floor two bed flat and only ever had to switch the heating on for about a dozen hours in 3 years as a combination of having elderly neighbours and my PC kept the flat toasty unless it was REALLY cold out.

So where's the best place to get quotes/prices under these circumstances
and roughly how much am I looking at PM for gas and electric.

Thank you in advance.

Leon

Can't type for toffee
Don
compare type sites really mate.

However I found this year they were wrong as were putting me on a standard rate tariff with my current supplier.
Did the numbers manually in excel and breeeze energy came out on top.

I've had no bother with them other than they dont support smart meters yet.

Associate
Yea, best to go to comparison site, they pretty much all have a "I don't know how much I use" option, which then asks for the type of property, how many people live there etc, so that they can give you an estimate, based off the national average. You might then find the first year costs slightly more than it could have done if you'd gone to a different tariff, but there won't be a lot in it.

I also normally calculate mine in excel (I use my previous year's usage to get predictions of the best, then put the top 10 or so plans into excel, and use that to work out if any of them will always be cheapest, of if any become the cheapest if I used xxxxx amount (and then how this relates to my previous year's usage), then sign up to the one I think will be cheapest).

Just try the usual suspects (mse energy club, moneysupermarket, compare the market, go compare, uswitch etc) and they'll all give you estimates pretty easily. If you're going to use the usage estimator though, be careful comparing comparison sites, as they might not assume the same usage.

Back
Top Bottom