Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Does HBO actually work when trying to watch it with a vpn? Because I'm obviously not from America but I'd like to see it live before someone spoils everything and apparently it works but I wonder has anyone tried it here

Soldato
Finished my watchthrough last night in prep for S8.

One major standout episode is S6 final episode, when Cersei gets revenge on, well, everyone, the music, the atmosphere, the tension, even knowing what happens I was on the edge of my seat again. Up their in the absolute best moments of GOT.

Caporegime
In case you haven't seen it, Kit Harrington's SNL opening:

Incidentally if anyone uses a newsreader app to get a selection of stories from various news outlets, avoid any tabloid papers at the moment, they'll happily stick blatant spoilers in the story headline itself FFS!!!! Like "clip shows X & Y survive event Z" etc...

Soldato
Incidentally if anyone uses a newsreader app to get a selection of stories from various news outlets, avoid any tabloid papers at the moment, they'll happily stick blatant spoilers in the story headline itself FFS!!!! Like "clip shows X & Y survive event Z" etc...

Youtube isn't much better, after Avengers IW they were posting videos with screengrabs of dead characters. This was suggested videos for channels not yet subscribed to. Popular channels as well in the millions of subscribers.

I fully expect the same kind of asshattery around GOT S8. Basically avoid YT every day until you've watched the latest episode.

Luckily I don't use social media anymore so don't have to avoid the regular posters who post massive spoilers just to annoy people.

Soldato
One major standout episode is S6 final episode, when Cersei gets revenge on, well, everyone, the music, the atmosphere, the tension, even knowing what happens I was on the edge of my seat again. Up their in the absolute best moments of GOT.

For me, I think it's maybe the first 6 minutes is perhaps the best TV I can remember. Cersei's music playing with it all going on. I seem to recall there is something right at the end with her music playing too... if it's what I think it is. Amazing.

This in fact, right?

Soldato
For me, I think it's maybe the first 6 minutes is perhaps the best TV I can remember. Cersei's music playing with it all going on. I seem to recall there is something right at the end with her music playing too... if it's what I think it is. Amazing.

This in fact, right?

Yeah that's it exactly. The music does play again at the end. I think the music stands out as its so against the norm for GOT scores.

Soldato
Does HBO actually work when trying to watch it with a vpn? Because I'm obviously not from America but I'd like to see it live before someone spoils everything and apparently it works but I wonder has anyone tried it here

Sky Atlantic is shown at the same time in the UK as it is on HBO in the US. It's shown at roughly 2am if I remember correctly.

My Sky box essentially has it downloaded for me getting up so an a Monday I just get up a bit earlier and then stick Game of Thrones on right away, easy enough to avoid spoilers :)

Soldato
I actually sent a complaint into the Independent of all newspapers because they were insistent on pushing/advertising their reviews down the right of any page you were on, with damn spoilers in the headline! :mad:

Soldato
I've told my boss that I'm working from home every Monday until the series finishes. Not to skive and watch the show on work time but to avoid some muppet blurting out spoilers. A smug "OMG, I'm so sorry but I watched it over breakfast, didn't you?" just doesn't cut it. She laughed and agreed.

Soldato
Rewatching season 7, really looking forward to Sunday night now.

Has anyone else got the 20th May off work for the finale? No way i could sit through a days work not knowing the ending.

Back
Top Bottom