New Minecraft 1.13.2 Vanilla server now up!

Soldato
OP
@LewisRaz good stuff! I've left you a pressie box at your build anyway :p

Yes, I'm ashamed to say my place is pretty hairy at night :o:o:eek:. All the caves are lit up to promote slime spawns in my slime farm, so during the night the unlit surface gets packed with mobs! My castle is a wip, so yeah, have a little care out my way lol! :D:p

I thought I'd stick up a list of my current villager trades. I've got a spreadsheet with them all on, maybe rather than update this thread each time I'll link to a shared googledoc file so peeps can see the current offers? idk yet. Anyhoozle - the trades and prices I currently have in my trading """hall""" (hole in the ground with enslaved villagers, bereft of any decoration or distraction, because I've not got round to it yet lol!) are:

Aqua Affinity 14
Blast Protection 2 16
Channeling 12
Depth Strider 2 8
Efficiency 1 15
Efficiency 5 62
Feather Falling 4 17
Fire Protection 3 15
Fire Protection 4 21
Fire Protection 4 28
FireAspect 1 19
FireAspect 2 17
Flame 9
Fortune 2 11
FrostWalker 2 30
Impaling 4 44
Infinity 6
KnockBack 1 7
Knockback II 27
Looting 2 15
Loyalty 1 7
Loyalty 3 20
Mending 10
Power 4 14
Power 5 64
ProjProt 3 21
Protection 1 15
Protection 3 16
Protection 4 28
Punch 2 9
Respiration 2 10
Riptide 1 8
Sharp 2 13
Sharpness 4 15
Silk 5
SweepingEdge 3 18
Thorns 2 14
Unbreaking 3 44

There's some good deals there, but I need to get a better unbreaking villager. Specifically @coltus would a central unified place be better? I know you're currently breeding villagers - would one central place be better? idk - just thinking out loud.

Anyway - hope you're all having good weekends - catch you ig! Later - Ham

Caporegime
Hey guys. I have 2 kids aged 7 and 4 and am thinking of setting them up with Minecraft on the sitting room PC.

I'm thinking offline split screen with Xbox controllers so they can build stuff together in relaxed mode with none of the complications of online play. Is this possible?

Thanks.

Soldato
Hey guys. I have 2 kids aged 7 and 4 and am thinking of setting them up with Minecraft on the sitting room PC.

I'm thinking offline split screen with Xbox controllers so they can build stuff together in relaxed mode with none of the complications of online play. Is this possible?

Thanks.

AFIAK you cant split screen on the pc.
You cant use controllers either unless you use some software to map them to kb/mouse movements.

Soldato
OP
Not played MC in years but wouldnt mind dropping in on the server from time to time. Tag is Reed88.

Added you to the whitelist - catch you ig!

Finally built my storage system, it's so nice having all my stuff organised and in one place!

I was exploring earlier and found a cartographer who traded me a Woodland Mansion map that was different to the previous ones I'd been getting....oooooohh! Flew out a few k and stumbled upon this lovely place! I've not looted it yet, as I thought some othjer players might like to join in, as these are super rare, spawning every 20,000 blocks or so. I've but a Nether Portal up on the Nether Ceiling, plus busted through for the return portal just under it.

If you want to join in the raid, let me know. I'll hang on for a week or so, and maybe set a date a couple days after - let me know.

Have fun. Laters - Ham

TjDNKp4.png

Associate
@haaammit A central trading hall would be pretty good.
A design that makes it easy to place and remove villagers as better trades come up would be handy.
Also what is the easiest way to move villagers long distance. I think i have a few villagers with some cheaper trades but will need to check.

Soldato
OP
It’s ok. Now I know what to expect I won’t be naked and without weapon :)

I've covered the lower floor with a layer of glass, so it is now impossible for the babies to get to that platform. I've died up there a couple of times before, so it's about time I sorted it lol! The gold in the chests I assume you forgot to take @LewisRaz? I converted it to blocks and put them in that random chest on the collection platform.

Tested for an hour and no issues/babies getting to the platform. I was curious about rates and the yield for 1 hour is pretty good. To note, I use the goldfarm much more than the ender ender as it seems faster. There is a new design I want to try, so maybe I'll build the new ender and see how it goes.

Not bad for an hour 110 odd blocks plus a smidge!!

WCHeE6X.png

Soldato
I've covered the lower floor with a layer of glass, so it is now impossible for the babies to get to that platform. I've died up there a couple of times before, so it's about time I sorted it lol! The gold in the chests I assume you forgot to take @LewisRaz? I converted it to blocks and put them in that random chest on the collection platform.

Tested for an hour and no issues/babies getting to the platform. I was curious about rates and the yield for 1 hour is pretty good. To note, I use the goldfarm much more than the ender ender as it seems faster. There is a new design I want to try, so maybe I'll build the new ender and see how it goes.

Not bad for an hour 110 odd blocks plus a smidge!!

WCHeE6X.png

Its a lot faster than the ender ender that I had been using quite a lot! Plus you get free gold...

They are probably mine, I ragequit for a bit afterwards and didnt go back! :D

Caporegime
Hi again.

If I want my kids to be able to play Minecraft: Pocket Edition on their tablets (Fire HD 8) at the same time, either individually or on the local WLAN (no internet-based play), do I need to buy Minecraft: Pocket Edition twice? Or do I just buy it once from the Amazon store and install it on each of their tablets?

I can't find a definitive answer from Google so if anyone can clarify, thank you!

Soldato
OP
Its a lot faster than the ender ender that I had been using quite a lot! Plus you get free gold...

They are probably mine, I ragequit for a bit afterwards and didnt go back! :D

Ragequit!! lol :D:D Your loot is in that chest. I may have picked up some of your torches as well, not sure ^_^

Hi again.

If I want my kids to be able to play Minecraft: Pocket Edition on their tablets (Fire HD 8) at the same time, either individually or on the local WLAN (no internet-based play), do I need to buy Minecraft: Pocket Edition twice? Or do I just buy it once from the Amazon store and install it on each of their tablets?

I can't find a definitive answer from Google so if anyone can clarify, thank you!

You don't buy the game as such, you actually pay for an account with a username you can choose and change and a uuid that you can't (Universally Unique IDentifier). If they both want to play at the same time on the same world/server/lan they will need an account each, so yes, you'll effectively need to buy the "game" twice, or more correctly, 2 accounts :)

If they don't want to play on the same world, then essentially yes, one account would work, however, it makes more sense for them to have an account each.

Soldato
OP
For villager trading, the best things to use to get emeralds are plumpkins and melons, as the best trade is about 7 per emerald. I've not started bulk producing these yet, but have been producing carrots, potatoes and wheat. I have a villager who gives ems for 22 wheat 19 potatoes and 15 carrots. I spent a good 45 minutes trading mostly carrots and potatoes, with wheat to reset him if he locked up. This is the result of 2 double chests of carrots and potatoes, and , idk, 9 stacks of wheat? Had to do 2 cake sales and one cookie sale at one point. So yea, that's what a dub each of spuds and carrots can net you. Trading will go much faster once I start bulk producing the other two as the trades are MUCH cheaper! I still have 20 odd dubs of carrots and 11 dubs of potatoes and 47 stacks of haybales left lol!

I logged on earlier, and found a rather strange noise - took me a little while to find it, and then I found what's in the below screenie!!! All I can say is this:

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom I can tell you I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let this prank war go now that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will give you the pranking of your life.

Well played though, well played :) gg

XSevnc8.png

YJguZOP.png

Soldato
A prank war?!?

I have no idea such a thing was going on in this server!!

I have been trading with your villagers. They seem to enjoy my fine organic melons.

I have scaled the melon farm up a bit more and it does pump them out now but still not at the silly speeds i want it to. I am out of iron for the pistons which is a bother. I wonder if the person dishing out free pistons might visit me?

Still looking for a jungle too :)

Soldato
OP
@Reed

Here is my map so far:
snippingtons

How do you get it zoomed out so far - mine won't go that far. I've changed the worldmap options to 0.125x zoom but it won't go any better than that.

If I can get mine zoomed out as far I'll stick mine up as well - cheers :)

Edit:I've just installed dynmap. It's currently rendering everything that's already been generated/explored so will take some time. The addy is:

http://themustardseed.mcserver.ws:8123

What do we think - should we keep the dynmap or not. I'm open to suggestions and don't mind either way. I can hide player locations if people prefer - let me know your thoughts.

Ham

Last edited:
Soldato
How do you get it zoomed out so far - mine won't go that far. I've changed the worldmap options to 0.125x zoom but it won't go any better than that.

If I can get mine zoomed out as far I'll stick mine up as well - cheers :)

Edit:I've just installed dynmap. It's currently rendering everything that's already been generated/explored so will take some time. The addy is:

http://themustardseed.mcserver.ws:8123

What do we think - should we keep the dynmap or not. I'm open to suggestions and don't mind either way. I can hide player locations if people prefer - let me know your thoughts.

Ham

I went into voxelmaps settings and forced it into a much better zoom limit!
Warning tho it crashed my pc twice with 100% cpu usage I had to force restart the whole thing. (6700k 4/6ghz)

Back
Top Bottom