*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Caporegime
I lost hope for this game months ago, my squad moved onto Apex Legends and that was the end of that because playing solo is too rage inducing. BR modes hold zero interest for me, the genre itself is garbage imo.

BF as a franchise is in a very sorry state, I hold no hope for the next game.

Soldato
I'm quite surprised to see Firestorm is not as popular as I think it should be as I think it's the better of the BRs that are out now, right out the box its a very well polished game that works (ignoring the loot/inventory system), The map is not too big where you're left running around for 20mins looking for a fight, Most of the games i've found once i've finished looting the town i land at it doesn't take long for me to find someone to have a pop at.

It's really subjective BR modes, It's either people like BR or they rather get into a small map and run and gun at an objective, I like both, I like the tactical sense in BR, planning ahead, I see a squad what should i do next, my resources how/when should i use them etc.

I won 5 games in a row last night with my squad was really fun and action packed.

Last edited:
Caporegime
https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/battlefield-5-currency?

" and an exclusive Special Assignment that helps bring to life the story of the Elite and unlocks a signature melee weapon. "
" Tier Catch-Ups unlock Chapter Reward items, providing an option for those players who don't have the time to earn all those items through gameplay. "
" XP Boosts accelerate the amount of experience points you earn while you play, "

Pay to Win Currency?

Soldato
https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/battlefield-5-currency?

" and an exclusive Special Assignment that helps bring to life the story of the Elite and unlocks a signature melee weapon. "
" Tier Catch-Ups unlock Chapter Reward items, providing an option for those players who don't have the time to earn all those items through gameplay. "
" XP Boosts accelerate the amount of experience points you earn while you play, "

Pay to Win Currency?

None of that looks to be pay-to-win. Similar to previous implementations with XP boosts etc.

Caporegime
Strange, my BF-V folder is only 61.1GB

Mine too, 13 less than Star Wars.
But over double the size of BF4 with all the DLC's!

I found out why after I had looked into it more after reading both your posts! Checked all the Battlefield V folders and the game had dumped and not deleted between 30 and 35GB of temp files! That means instead of being 61GB, it was around 85GB :(

Files such as this...

EAWebKit.dll_DiP_STAGED.eaPatchTemp 1.1GB

Soldato
Performance for me in this game is just crap.

Sometimes they fix it. A patch comes out and it's buttery smooth... until the next patch breaks it all again.

It's like broken, broken, broken, broken, fixed for 5 mins then broken again.

DX11 / DX12 performance is dire. DX12 is smooth until you get these massive hitches. DX11 just feels slower in general.

Soldato
I disagree. Problem with Premium passes is the player base is split and expansions normally die off after a certain amount of time.

As long as it is not pay to win.

And yet with the current model, we have only a handful of maps, and a lot of half baked game modes which appear for two weeks and then disappear whether or not people liked them. Conquest (the mode that the majority of players have been playing for the last 3-4 editions) is being treated like a ginger stepchild in the server browser, and Firestorm seems a pretty effective way of splitting up the community. The current strategy for "keeping the player base together" is to force people to play whatever game modes or maps DICE want us to play whether or not we want to play them.

Associate
I’ve given up on battlefield v atm, so back to fallout 4. completely agree with some of the comments on here. Firestorm was the last straw , I don’t see any point or incentive in the game (which ever game dice chooses it to be these days) .
Every week , play this style play that style ... then a battle royale game sits alongside and splits up the player base .. step too much

Associate
Performance for me in this game is just crap.

Sometimes they fix it. A patch comes out and it's buttery smooth... until the next patch breaks it all again.

It's like broken, broken, broken, broken, fixed for 5 mins then broken again.

DX11 / DX12 performance is dire. DX12 is smooth until you get these massive hitches. DX11 just feels slower in general.

Same here, was running fine (60fps+) before last weeks patch, now averaging around 40fps, no idea why

Back
Top Bottom