US: Doom Patrol (DC)

Soldato
I am not sure about this, maybe the 1st 30 mins or so i thought it was quite promising, but seemed to go down hill after that, will give it another EP to be sure

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Ditto, thought it was good how they touched and intertwine the teams individual origin stories so you learned who they are, what happened and what they can do. Surprised Arrow still going tbh.

Soldato
More great humour. So many funny lines, but my favourite part has to be Ezekiel, the cockroach, offering his fealty to whatever deity was causing the destruction. :D

And Cyborg actually looked better than the one in Justice League.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Hmmm i found it a little dull, they have clearly spent some money on it, it could well be a slow burner in that regard, will keep my eyes open but its not a show i would rush to see.

Soldato
One of the best shows I've seen in ages. :D
I dunno why, it just clicks with me.
It's staying just on the right side of wacky without going too far (looking at Legion and Preacher, which I also enjoyed but were sometimes a little TOO WTF)

Does anyone know if it's actually Brendan Fraiser INSIDE Robotman or he's just doing the voice? :D

Soldato
Loved the latest episode. Well loved them all really. I got a tear in my eyes when the little boy came back dressed as a robot because he thought Cliff looked sad. The dance number was very good... Although... I think I am falling in love with the actress that plays Jane! Maybe it's the spell lol... Except the psycho ones, they are scary! :D

Caporegime
Got two episodes in, and it felt like a crap episode of Power Rangers. Some of the CGI was dreadful.

Just didn't gel with me at all.

Soldato
I can understand it not being for everyone but, as most will can tell from my posts, I really enjoy this show.

I am not really a fan of musical numbers in the middle of shows or entire episodes but they can really work well and this was a good example.

Soldato
The story of this episode and the plight of the characters and everything about it shows just how this kind of plot can be done RIGHT !!
It was fun, it was engaging, the musical number was really 'feel-good' and not too cheesy, and you cared about the characters and it didn't feel like any agendas were being smashed over your head with a sledgehammer.

It made me realise even more just how much of a dumpster fire Season 11 of Dr Who was when characters for absolutely no goddamn reason at all dropped how they were gay into random conversations just to tick off the inclusivity boxes at the BBC.

More top marks for Doom Patrol !! :D

Soldato
My 9yo daughter started watching teen titans on netflix which is what got me into Titans....and ultimately lead me to doom patrol.

Probably one of the weirdest yet fantastic shows I've seen in a long time.

Cost me 99p for a trial of starz, but well worth it.

Soldato
Doom Patrol was a bit of a hidden gem that I uncovered this year. Conversely, I tried watching Titans and thought it was complete nonsense, it was okay in the first series but went totally off the rails in the second.

Back
Top Bottom