***Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice***

Soldato
I haven't played that much but I really like this game, the combat, locations etc.

It really is harder than BB, though, I didn't have that much trouble in that game except 15 or so tries for Orphan. Here, I can already feel I might not be able to finish it. I get the rhythm of it, the parries, Mikiri etc. haven't died that much yet, just did that Enshin guy first try but the later proper bosses look rather insane. Might be too much for me.

That's my fourth prayer bead now so time for a much needed upgrade:p

Soldato
Can anyone give me an estimate of how far in I am.

Beat Genichiro Ashina at the top of the tower and I've picked a random direction and arrived at the gun fort. Just beat some centipede guy.

Soldato
Just done Lady Butterfly straight after Juzou, took 4 tries and felt really tough. This game is nuts and hard as hell, my hands were shaking a bit so not too optimistic about what is to come:p Those four tries shrunk my money to almost zero:p

I haven't used any prosthetic tools yet for any of the minibosses, only a couple of shurikens on LB and the axe on the shield guys.

Currently have one health upgrade (one prayer bead left) and one attack upgrade, 3 gourd uses.

Which skills should I get? Only unlocked the Whirlwind slash and Mikiri, have 8 points to spare.

Soldato
Ok, explored a bit and done Gyoubu first try, I guess I've run out of easier bosses, I'd be quite happy with this if I didn't know some of what's coming:p

Soldato
Just done Lady Butterfly straight after Juzou, took 4 tries and felt really tough. This game is nuts and hard as hell, my hands were shaking a bit so not too optimistic about what is to come:p Those four tries shrunk my money to almost zero:p

I haven't used any prosthetic tools yet for any of the minibosses, only a couple of shurikens on LB and the axe on the shield guys.

Currently have one health upgrade (one prayer bead left) and one attack upgrade, 3 gourd uses.

Which skills should I get? Only unlocked the Whirlwind slash and Mikiri, have 8 points to spare.

Cant remember its name but i would get the overhead sword swing and its upgrade, very good for punishing bosses after a successful dodge.

Soldato
Cant remember its name but i would get the overhead sword swing and its upgrade, very good for punishing bosses after a successful dodge.

There's one called Ichimonji, not sure if it's the same in English as I'm playing with Japanese subs. The two skills from the Ashina text that increase posture damage after deflection and replenish your health after a deathblow also seem super useful.

Soldato
There's one called Ichimonji, not sure if it's the same in English as I'm playing with Japanese subs. The two skills from the Ashina text that increase posture damage after deflection and replenish your health after a deathblow also seem super useful.

Ichimonji is the one i meant, does a lot of posture damage without having to use the axe tool, the upgrade that allows a follow up swing is worth it as well.

Soldato
Ichimonji is the one i meant, does a lot of posture damage without having to use the axe tool, the upgrade that allows a follow up swing is worth it as well.

Yeah, I got it along with Ascending & Descending Carp after doing the Bull and the general and sweeping the castle unlocking Idols. Also got Emma's Medicine or whatever it's called in English to boost gourd potency.

I'm really close to Genichiro, it's going to be tough as hell but the game has really sucked me in, to the point I stopped my RE2 and DMC5 replays.

Soldato
All right, just beat Genichiro. Was a hell of a fight but also frustrating as I was so close to victory four times and ***** up.

Must've taken around 20th tries, jeez. This game is a lot more intense that Bloodborne was for me, except maybe Orphan of Kos and maybe Ludwig. A lot less room for error here.

Soldato
Man the combat in this is hardcore, if you can get the deflects bosses die in minutes but damn, timing is everything with this game. Love it and HATE it in equal measure! :D

I'm enjoying it tremendously, Genichiro was an amazing fight. It took around 20-30mins of trying as I kept making mistakes while learning but that winning run was clean and it felt so satisfying:D

With him out of the way, I can now explore stuff/minibosses I was probably supposed to do before him:p

Soldato
All right, just beat Genichiro. Was a hell of a fight but also frustrating as I was so close to victory four times and *****
I feel like Genichiro is the first real test in this game. To me it's the game checking you understand its systems perfectly, if you do you can win eventually (though it's still tough)

Other bosses up to that point you can kinda of just abuse/cheese. Genichiro is definitely designed to not really allow you to do that.

I also found out last night that you can make O'rin fall in the water by the bridge but she doesnt die and respawns on rest load. I thought I'd gotten lucky! If only it was dark souls...

Though you can get a stealth kill on her by sneaking and jumping on her before she aggros. Despite that I still haven't killed her!

Last edited:
I'm enjoying it tremendously, Genichiro was an amazing fight. It took around 20-30mins of trying as I kept making mistakes while learning but that winning run was clean and it felt so satisfying:D

With him out of the way, I can now explore stuff/minibosses I was probably supposed to do before him:p

It is amazing, easily the most challenging SoulsBourne game they have made.

Me: "Im a GOD at parrying!"
Fromsoft: "Hold my beer...."

Soldato
I feel like Genichiro is the first real test in this game. To me it's the game checking you understand its systems perfectly, if you do you can win eventually (though it's still tough)

Other bosses up to that point you can kinda of just abuse/cheese. Genichiro is definitely designed to not really allow you to do that.

Yeah, I agree. I did Butterfly as my first boss so it made me familiar with the mechanics, Genichiro just kicks it up a notch but I was able to deflect his flurries and use Mikiri on him pretty quickly. The rest was just staying offensive and defensive at the same time, waiting for his deflects to counter them etc. so practically the game checking if you know what you're doing.

Really well made fight and I didn't feel cheated when I was losing, it was just me screwing up. I almost got his last form on my third attempt but got greedy and it kinda went downhill from there as I lost my cool but then I got used to him:p

Though I'm really scared of some imminent fights and the last boss:p

Soldato
Just seen if you get the iron fortress you can upgrade it to completely block terror build up. This seems to make the headless as well as other bosses completely trivial.

Soldato
This game is even harder than I imagined, and I haven't even started it yet...

Installed the game, then my PC crashed with a drive failure.
Took me ages to reinstall windows because of Windows 10
A few days later reinstalled Windows and steam so was able to start it.
Just out of the first cutscene and my controller has now stopped working!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom