Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
I like the look of the CBR600F. I think it would make a nice bike for me if/when I pass my tests this month! Moving up from a CBR125R

The F is a great all round bike. Really quite short first gear (mines a '96 so might have changed in later models) means you can let the clutch out at about 6-7mph it's good around town but also great out on the A and B roads. Not amazing for motorway journeys if you are all though

Man of Honour
That's a shame although I might still give it a go for just over £70, even if it dies in a year it's more worthwhile than most things I waste £70 on.

Associate
I took a punt on one of these in June last year, after having a similar one for the car which worked great.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B075F77SDJ/ref=ya_aw_oh_bia_dp?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Surprisingly good, not had to change the batteries in the valve caps yet and only charged the display up once as it goes off once it doesn't sense any movement.
Cant complain for the price and is great reassurance everytime I get on the bike.

Man of Honour
I took a punt on one of these in June last year, after having a similar one for the car which worked great.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B075F77SDJ/ref=ya_aw_oh_bia_dp?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Surprisingly good, not had to change the batteries in the valve caps yet and only charged the display up once as it goes off once it doesn't sense any movement.
Cant complain for the price and is great reassurance everytime I get on the bike.
That looks even better if the cap batteries are user replaceable, looks like a slightly different version is still available for £43.

Associate
That looks even better if the cap batteries are user replaceable, looks like a slightly different version is still available for £43.
They're probably all made at the same place,
In the pictures of the one I bought it had the name CAREUD who are a seller who is selling them too.
I think the batteries are CR1632, if I remember I'll check them tonight.

Soldato
Did 600 miles last week in a very cold, slippery, snowy and wet Scotland.
I was worried about the road grip of the Mitas E07 tyres. I shouldn't have been worries, they were brilliant. Not a bit of slippage either on road or on the forest trails I rode.

bcG1mGl.jpg
bcG1mGl.jpg

Soldato
Gone to get a quote for a GSXR1000 and told my insurance would not cover it as I would be storing it "on private property" (the back garden) rather than garaged or in a shed. Getting quotes on comparison sites of £75 a month.....or £33 a month if garaged.

I'm sure I've read on here a few years ago that the definition of a garage or shed varies from company to company, is this right?

Now Looking at a lean to or bricking up my side access to call it a garage

Associate
Have you encountered any difficulties using an external mic? (the only reason I went for this camera!). I have a a mic that I've tried with two usb / 3.5mm adaptors, one of which was the bundled one, and a micro usb native mic. Without the external mic the sound records, but it refuses to record using any external combination I've tried so far.

Grab yourself a Purple Panda mic off flea Bay. Works great with my Ghost S :cool:

Soldato
Grab yourself a Purple Panda mic off flea Bay. Works great with my Ghost S :cool:

Thanks - I'll have a look at that. In between my original post I've now tried two different adaptors and three other microphones, and none are working. This is making me convinced that I've a faulty unit. So frustrating. The unit itself is actually ok for a relatively cheap camera.

Transmission breaker
Don
Failed my mod2. Annoyed..
Thought the school was letting me ride the bike up there for the test (good hour away) and found out yesterday they wanted me to get up there and they would bring the bike.
So I rode my 125 up there (not been on the 600 bike since the 2nd) and when the instructor turned up (LATE) with the 600. I jumped on and my slow speed control was rusty....I touched the centre line going around a very slow hairpin corner uphill. I should have been in first gear, and it would have been fine. 2nd just pushed me out too far. Silly mistake and had they (the school) thought to show me that corner before I would have been fine. Still more to learn. Just proves I was not 100% ready. I should be able to jump on the bike cold and perform 100%. So I need to improve.
Going to make sure I get a good 2 hours on the bike beforehand when I rebook.
Would have been nice to have had some practise around the area before the test, but at least I have had some now.

Soldato
Why didn't they show you that corner?, the place i went to pointed out every potential failure point that people had failed at in the past every single time we went past it.

How many hours of lessons have you had?, i think i had around 28-30 hours on the big bike and failed first time because i froze and everything went out the window, second time's the charm though, you will pass soon enough and it will all be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom