• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Associate
Thank god i just Read this
Had to go get the backplate box out the bin to get the screws D'OH

edit Any other issue's Kris?

Glad I posted this now, hope you have fun getting yours set up :)

No other issues with the block aside from the tediousness of cutting the thermal pads, and disassembling the card isn't that fun, as mentioned by others the fan connector isn't fun to remove had to tease it off with a really tiny flat head screwdriver.

Associate
In other news the notch at the end of the card makes it longer than with original cooler...

So my careful measuring has gone to pot and my thick rad + fan + pump reservoir combo doesn't fit by about 5mm... Thanks EKWB!

After dinner I'm going to see if I can swap my thin rad at the top to the front instead and hope I don't have a RAM / mosfet heatsink conflict like I was trying to avoid with the thinner rad up top...

Associate
In other news the notch at the end of the card makes it longer than with original cooler...

So my careful measuring has gone to pot and my thick rad + fan + pump reservoir combo doesn't fit by about 5mm... Thanks EKWB!

After dinner I'm going to see if I can swap my thin rad at the top to the front instead and hope I don't have a RAM / mosfet heatsink conflict like I was trying to avoid with the thinner rad up top...

fingers crossed for you kris

Soldato

I have this exact situation when my stuff arrives, just hoping it all fits as my measurements say. But yeah I have one fat rad and one thin that better fit

Associate
I have this exact situation when my stuff arrives, just hoping it all fits as my measurements say. But yeah I have one fat rad and one thin that better fit

The block I have is the same size as original cooler in that respect Kris, pain in the rear that EK made it all longer than the original cooler.

Illuminist you should be fine as your block will be same as original in size.

Associate
Calling it a night now, time for a beer and a movie

Got to admit that notch is very annoying, it serves zero purpose!

Thankfully my fat rad just fits at the top although the fan ha literally touching my RAM! If I'd gone for a 45mm EKWB radiator instead of the 54mm Hardware Labs rad then it might JUST have fit at the front... Oh well thankfully not a disaster!

Pipe work and testing tomorrow :)

80TYAje.jpg

zivPm8m.jpg

Associate

Thankfully my fat rad just fits at the top although the fan ha literally touching my RAM! If I'd gone for a 45mm EKWB radiator instead of the 54mm Hardware Labs rad then it might JUST have fit at the front... Oh well thankfully not a disaster!

80TYAje.jpg

zivPm8m.jpg
looking really good kris
its your fault i got to start mine tomorrow now

Soldato
Can one of you peeps point me in the direction of a vertical gpu mount thing and do they fit any case?

I have a phanteks p400s

Also in other news the stock backplate totally fits on an ekblock. Watch jay2cents latest video ...

Last edited:
Associate
Associate

80TYAje.jpg

zivPm8m.jpg

Looking very nice. Just one thing. Your front fans are pushing the air out of the front, so need to be the other way. Either side of the rad just push air into the case to then go out of the top.

Associate
Looking very nice. Just one thing. Your front fans are pushing the air out of the front, so need to be the other way. Either side of the rad just push air into the case to then go out of the top.

Hopefully it should be fine like that because I really can't be bothered to disassemble it all now...

Really wish I'd gone for barbs instead of compression fittings, really hard to get them to tighten with this EK ZMT tube, I cannot imagine it's supposed to be that hard, got a blister on my thumb :(

About to start filling it now and then pray there are no leaks!

eh48EhN.jpg

Associate
Hopefully it should be fine like that because I really can't be bothered to disassemble it all now...

Really wish I'd gone for barbs instead of compression fittings, really hard to get them to tighten with this EK ZMT tube, I cannot imagine it's supposed to be that hard, got a blister on my thumb :(

eh48EhN.jpg
Looking at the pic the fittings look to be bottomed out. Can't see you having an issue there.

Associate

eh48EhN.jpg

Looking good, now the exciting part, nice cool temps, what coolant are you going to use?

Associate

eh48EhN.jpg

Excited for you, nearly time to play :)

Man of Honour
OP

eh48EhN.jpg

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

wnI9JSp.png

Date 07/04/2019, Make AMD Reference, KrisWragg, Link
Date 27/03/2019, Make AMD Reference, IntrAphasE, Link
Date 15/03/2019, Make AMD Reference, Jerry64, Link
Date 09/03/2019, Make AMD Reference, MeddlE, Link
Date 08/03/2019, Make AMD Reference, SydDanube, Link
Date 17/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, willb1967, Link
Date 15/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, Nocliptoni, Link
Date 15/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, jmeistr, Link
Date 15/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, djbully, Link
Date 12/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, LtMatt, Link
Date 11/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, Harry Hodgson, Link
Date 11/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, Otellino, Link
Date 11/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, Colzy, Link
Date 09/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, artur_k, Link
Date 09/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, Dicehunter, Link
Date 09/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, Illuminist, Link
Date 09/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, vapor matt, Link
Date 08/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, spook2575, Link
Date 08/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, L-Digital82, Link
Date 08/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, Uzu, Link
Date 08/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, drskiba, Link
Date 08/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, nashathedog, Link
Date 08/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, Chud_Jenny, Link
Date 08/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, Bloot, Link
Date 08/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, Vince, Link
Date 08/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, zoffster1, Link
Date 08/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, FordneyMcCumber, Link
Date 08/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, Vish Petrol, Link
Date 08/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, Dave2150, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Radeon VII.

Man of Honour
OP

eh48EhN.jpg

Have you considered Monsoon compression fittings.

They look good and you get a special tool to tighten them up.

Back
Top Bottom