LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

Associate
If dead pixels are a concern then get the Dell Alienware version (older panel though). They have a zero dead pixel guarantee for the life of the warranty (3 years base and can be extended I think) and one of the best post-purchase service in the market space.

If dead pixels are a concern then get the Dell Alienware version (older panel though). They have a zero dead pixel guarantee for the life of the warranty (3 years base and can be extended I think) and one of the best post-purchase service in the market space.

Hopefully they bring out a 144hz Freesync 2 1440p UW panel in the future with the same zero dead pixel policy.

I would imagine it would be a very popular choice.

Last edited:
Soldato
How much would it cost to send this thing back under DSR, does anybody know? I think once it is in stock I will try the lottery after all. This monitor is just too perfect (the F version).

Associate
Received my monitor yesterday and it is gorgeous, amazing colours and no issues with bleeding or dead pixels. There is obviously some IPS glow but I barely notice it and it is a real improvement coming from my Dell U3415W.

Associate
How much would it cost to send this thing back under DSR, does anybody know? I think once it is in stock I will try the lottery after all. This monitor is just too perfect (the F version).

My monitor was great but I had input lag which I think was probably my graphics card. Using dpd it was £80 to have it sent with insurance only to find out that it falls in the prohibited item list meaning that my insurance was invalid and you guessed it no refunds!. It's obviously a lot cheaper to have it sent without insurance and with DPD that seems to be the only choice.

Associate
My monitor was great but I had input lag which I think was probably my graphics card. Using dpd it was £80 to have it sent with insurance only to find out that it falls in the prohibited item list meaning that my insurance was invalid and you guessed it no refunds!. It's obviously a lot cheaper to have it sent without insurance and with DPD that seems to be the only choice.

Can't you ask OCUK to organise collection and have the cost deducted from your refund? This should be much cheaper since they get corporate/bulk rates. Many other companies do this and it always works out cheaper, sometimes by a large margin.

Associate
Can't you ask OCUK to organise collection and have the cost deducted from your refund? This should be much cheaper since they get corporate/bulk rates. Many other companies do this and it always works out cheaper, sometimes by a large margin.

When I phoned about returning OC said that I would have to arrange delivery. I have since contacted OC, they have been helpful and our going to contact DPD on my behalf.

Just a warning to others to check all the T&C's before sending

PS I have complained strongly to DPD and have been refunded

Last edited:
Soldato

When I phoned about returning OC said that I would have to arrange delivery. I have since contacted OC, they have been helpful and our going to contact DPD on my behalf.

Just a warning to others to check all the T&C's before sending

PS I have complained strongly to DPD and have been refunded

Pricey. Thanks for the info.

Glad you got a refund. That's the right thing to do, always need to go out of your way and insist, only then they bother doing anything.

Associate
With OC putting the price up another £50...I can't blame them...still doesn't mean I have to like that policy. I was pleased it sold out, I wasn't comfortable paying £1149 for a monitor we all know isn't worth that.

I have found it for a better price, gotta wait a bit but it's been years since I purchased a monitor so another 1 or 2 months won't matter. Good thing is I can return it post free if not acceptable. happy days.

It is very weird only OC are stocking these in the UK, they must have some exclusvie deal or something.

Associate
I bought this monitor and just received it today.

I'm having a very strange issue. On certain images (or while gaming), some vertical flickering lines pop up on the screen. Always on the left side. Suggestions? Anyone know what this is?
Firmware, drivers... all updated. I get the same using a different computer and different cables.

Video of the issue here ->

Associate
I bought this monitor and just received it today.

I'm having a very strange issue. On certain images (or while gaming), some vertical flickering lines pop up on the screen. Always on the left side. Suggestions? Anyone know what this is?
Firmware, drivers... all updated. I get the same using a different computer and different cables.

Video of the issue here ->
Something with the power brick maybe? Have you tried it in a different socket in another room, ideally directly plugged into the wall? Does it appear on all resolutions and refresh rates?

Does look like some kind of electrical noise.

Do you get this issue on both HDMI and DP inputs?
Maybe try resetting back to the initial settings in the OSD?

But it could well be a deflective screen, a poor cable/ribbon connection, faulty PCB/signal processing etc (who knows).

Try contacting LG by email, give them that link to your youtube video clip and see what they reckon.
https://www.lg.com/uk/support/contact/chat-email/email
Maybe ask if they can send you the firmware so you can try a manual re-flash.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for the help! I discovered that the issue happens only when the screen "warms up". The first 20 minutes, image works as usual. 20 minutes later or so, the lines appear again.
I've tried different power brick, different socket... Also resetting the initial settings. I really don't want to send it back... since I ordered it shortly after christmas, and it just arrived now, but I'm running out of options :(

It happens with every resolution, but it seems to be certain patterns/colors that make it worse, as shown in the video. Some pics are displayed flawlessly, others have the white lines of hell all over them. But yeah, only after 20 or 30 minutes of use. I will contact LG now with the video.

Are you using good quality cable(s)?
For piece of mind I made sure that I used a VESA certified v1.4 DP cable on mine.

You say it comes and goes.
It might be worth testing your wall sockets in the house with a Martindale to make sure you have no wiring faults like poor/no earthing (they cost about £10).

It probably isn't any of those, but at least you rule them out.

Soldato
Had my screen a week or so now and have to say, it's brilliant. Looking at this thread there still seems to be a bit of a panel lottery going on, even at this price. It's a real shame we are still not seeing OLED panels coming in at this size.
I have one bizarre issue in that I have to turn the monitor off then back on before I get a picture when using display port. Doesn't happen with HDMI and I'm using the DP cable that came with the screen. It's not a big deal really, just a little weird.
I've settled on using the monitor in sRGB mode as I think it gives the best picture.

BubbySoup said:
I have one bizarre issue in that I have to turn the monitor off then back on before I get a picture when using display port.

Yeah I had that the first time I switched between HDMI and DP inputs, but it has not occurred since then.
I was thinking it may be a first time registration thing as I've noticed the monitor does remember your custom OSD settings for each input (which is real handy).
The only thing I can't remember is if it happened before -or- after I updated the firmware.

[EDIT]

For the record I normally switch inputs from HDMI to DP, THEN I will power-on my other PC.
Dunno if that makes a difference, but that seams to work fine for me doing it that way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom