The Official Pizza Discussion thread (was: Cooking Neapolitan Pizzas with the Uuni 3)

Soldato
That's all i do to mine, reduce them down a bit.

I tried Anchovies for the first time at weekend. Can't believe i have gone all this time without them. Lol

Soldato
Cheers, got some dough on

Recipes said it would rise by about double, mine's taking the house over :p
That could mean too much yeast or too warm.

Try a cold prove next time, you barely need any yeast and prove in the fridge for at least 24 hours i often do 48 hours, much better flavour. Makes it easier on the digestion as well.

Associate
dough too elastic what do I adjust, usually make it in the bread maker following the recipe and have been struggling with it stretching back, its put in the fridge after a couple of hours and being knocked back and left in there for a day or two before using, so just discovered this section of the forums so thought to ask on here before I make a fresh batch ?
Thanks

Yeast 1/2tsp
300g Strong White Flour
1tbsp Olive Oil
1tsp Salt
170ml Water

Soldato
dough too elastic what do I adjust, usually make it in the bread maker following the recipe and have been struggling with it stretching back, its put in the fridge after a couple of hours and being knocked back and left in there for a day or two before using, so just discovered this section of the forums so thought to ask on here before I make a fresh batch ?
Thanks

Yeast 1/2tsp
300g Strong White Flour
1tbsp Olive Oil
1tsp Salt
170ml Water

Not proved enough. It needs to relax more.

Don
First couple of attempts

56356640_10156122921756847_7589323378012454912_o.jpg

56260459_10156122986001847_8250802861911310336_o.jpg

2nd one had nduja on, oven wasn't hot enough on that one though

Soldato
look good, i have had some mixed results but have defiantly found 24 hour proof is lots better. Also if cooking on gas, get a good 450 degrees at the back. drop the pizza in and kill the gas to the lowest and keep in for up to 3 mins, jut makes the bottom a bit nicer

Soldato
dough too elastic what do I adjust, usually make it in the bread maker following the recipe and have been struggling with it stretching back
I would say be more forceful with it , when forming base, you're using fingers not a rolling pin. ?
bring it up to room temperature from fridge before handling ... mine'll take 2hours for that.
dough should also be tacky, so that you can't can't fully handle it without some semolina/cornmeal on the board+hands...
... I usually open bread machine an hour into 2:20 programme and add fluid if needed, after poking it.

2nd one had nduja on, oven wasn't hot enough on that one though
how did you form the base, too ? the irregular base makes it look non-digital.

[
interesting research paper on why sourdough addition = digestibility
Phytate Degradation during Breadmaking: The Influence of Flour Type and Breadmaking Procedures
]

Don
I would say be more forceful with it , when forming base, you're using fingers not a rolling pin. ?
bring it up to room temperature from fridge before handling ... mine'll take 2hours for that.
dough should also be tacky, so that you can't can't fully handle it without some semolina/cornmeal on the board+hands...
... I usually open bread machine an hour into 2:20 programme and add fluid if needed, after poking it.

how did you form the base, too ? the irregular base makes it look non-digital.

[
interesting research paper on why sourdough addition = digestibility
Phytate Degradation during Breadmaking: The Influence of Flour Type and Breadmaking Procedures
]

I tried all the "slap" methods but kept tearing it

ashamed to say that rolling pin worked for me

Don
look good, i have had some mixed results but have defiantly found 24 hour proof is lots better. Also if cooking on gas, get a good 450 degrees at the back. drop the pizza in and kill the gas to the lowest and keep in for up to 3 mins, jut makes the bottom a bit nicer

I did 48 hr :) have thermometer on order to check temps :)

Soldato
Pizzas tomorrow night i think, make some dough tonight and 20 hours in the garage bulk, then 2+ hours balled up in the kitchen.

Going to try more semolina in the dough as well.

Edit:
In the end made an interesting dough.
Approx 60g semolina
100g gram flour and about 400g 00 flour.
20g salt
13g olive oil
408g water
6g yeast

62% hydration
Wetter than i normally use at 58%

Last edited:
Soldato
Going to give the uuni3 a fire up over the Easter weekend but was wondering how much dough I will need? There is going to be 4 adults and 3 kids. I was going to use the recipe @Loki posted in his first post as it looks moderately simple for a first time attempt! Given its a first attempt I was just going to keep it nice and simple and go with the Pizza Express Pasata which was suggested in the pizza dough thread and then its one less thing to worry about for now.

Soldato
220g is enormous ... this is weekend 140g sourdough dough per pizza
that's a 10" plate moz/ham/corned-dog/jalapenos.
if I do 2 for 2adults usually 1/2 a pizza left.

Have recently tried cirio passata/crushed-toms pre-cooked w/onions&celery .. it is very tomatoey ,,,
takes over the flavour a bit from other ingrediants, versus usual tin of cirio plum tomatoes.

33739029608_9786f6d6a7_o_d.jpg

watch

Soldato
People would starve if i made 140g pizzas.

Couple of mine from weekend.

kLNUaO1l.jpg
4Rg2g1Gl.jpg
ajlMvd9l.jpg

The bread was really tasty and was a delight to handle, definitely be adding gram flour again.

Back
Top Bottom