• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Associate
My PC is officially cool and quiet now

Ran Superposition benchmark at 2000mhz@1075mv and 1200mhz HBM. Max core 53*C, max junction 94*C.

Fans currently set at roughly 900rpm, pump at 70%.

Will do more tweaking during the week, just nice to have tamed this card a bit so I can game quietly.

Soldato
Soldato
My PC is officially cool and quiet now

Ran Superposition benchmark at 2000mhz@1075mv and 1200mhz HBM. Max core 53*C, max junction 94*C.

Fans currently set at roughly 900rpm, pump at 70%.

Will do more tweaking during the week, just nice to have tamed this card a bit so I can game quietly.
Nice!
I can't wait to do mine should be this week coming, the junction temp is a wild one isn't it, even under water

Associate
Nice!
I can't wait to do mine should be this week coming, the junction temp is a wild one isn't it, even under water

Yeah the junction temps still aren't amazing, might try higher pump setting but I guess there are parts of the core, HBM or interconnect that just get toasty.

Overall core temps are great though.

Associate
Yeah the junction temps still aren't amazing, might try higher pump setting but I guess there are parts of the core, HBM or interconnect that just get toasty.

Overall core temps are great though.

Once you get the pump turned up and rad fans the temps will drop some. I always use full speed on the pump, even run it from a different PSU as the D5 can take 24v. I use 18v for mine, it draws more amps at 12v than 18v but each water cool system can have differing results.
as my card is on its own loop so comparisons are always hard. the max junction temp ive seen is 68c core temp 38c but you will find a happy balance Kris. at least you can game in near silence now.

Associate
In other news the notch at the end of the card makes it longer than with original cooler...

So my careful measuring has gone to pot and my thick rad + fan + pump reservoir combo doesn't fit by about 5mm... Thanks EKWB!

I think I should be safe but I'm a little worried about having the same problem! Looking at the image of the plexi model, it looks like it should be possible to remove the extra notch at the back of the block, or can't those nuts be unscrewed?

Associate

JayzTwoCents on the VII block. I'm surprised the junction temperature didn't come down more. How are everyone else's temps with the block?

Caporegime
Ordered a Sapphire Radeon VII from OcuK and noticed it had the same issue with the backplate not being secured correctly as was noted by someone else in this thread.

It's on its way back today and have ordered a Powercolor instead.

Here is a picture of the bracket of the Sapphire Radeon Vs a MSI Radeon VII i have.

Sapphire Backplate
uJNeKeB.jpg

MSI Backplate
SjGnRow.jpg

Associate
Ordered a Sapphire Radeon VII from OcuK and noticed it had the same issue with the backplate not being secured correctly as was noted by someone else in this thread.

It's on its way back today and have ordered a Powercolor instead.

Here is a picture of the bracket of the Sapphire Radeon Vs a MSI Radeon VII i have.

Sapphire Backplate
uJNeKeB.jpg

MSI Backplate
SjGnRow.jpg
That was me!
I had the issue on 2 sapphire cards with the bottom left screw. I'm on my 3rd card now and that was fine, although it did come from a different retailer so the batch may of been different.
Could you get your screw to move at all? I stopped trying after it would have taken considerable force and the driver was slipping. I didn't even bother with the 2nd it just went straight back for a refund!

Associate

JayzTwoCents on the VII block. I'm surprised the junction temperature didn't come down more. How are everyone else's temps with the block?
I saw what the issue was with Jayz attempt!
lQR9n7Y.jpg
That is never going to be good. Looks like the EK instructions differ to the Alphacool ones. As they state to fully spread the whole area, which its madness not to in my mind anything. Weather its a CPU or GPU die.
6acQMNR.png
wDnfx8o.png

Caporegime
That was me!
I had the issue on 2 sapphire cards with the bottom left screw. I'm on my 3rd card now and that was fine, although it did come from a different retailer so the batch may of been different.
Could you get your screw to move at all? I stopped trying after it would have taken considerable force and the driver was slipping. I didn't even bother with the 2nd it just went straight back for a refund!
Didn't touch it, just asked for a refund and return. Trying my luck with a Powercolor now.

Back
Top Bottom