What watch do you wear?

Associate
I think it’s pointless going to the show as a member of the public. The show is setup for AD’s to place their orders for new products and you will mostly be ignored if you’re outside of the AD circles.

It is what you make it. I recorded a podcast with Adrian from Bark & Jack at the show comparing it over the last few years and pointing out why it's still amazing to go to as a punter and not a dealer / press.

http://www.scottishwatches.co.uk/20...baselworld-2019-with-adrian-of-bark-and-jack/

Associate
Went with my wife to get her a new activity tracker after her 6th Fitbit (that were all replaced by the company with refurbished ones) started to separate from the strap again, so she felt like she needed a change.

Stumbled across the Fossil Sport which she instantly fell in love with, plus they had a $50 off deal.

I had no idea Fossil made a smartwatch, nor did I have any desire to have a smart watch in my life, but after playing around with them in store I decided to get one too. Really like it so far.

I had a quick run around the mall to double check I didn't want something from another company (and to give myself a chance to walk away from the impulse buy) but I think this is by far the best looking one on the market. Everything else seemed too bulky and congested.

46793166054_50ef129143_c.jpg

46601521345_decefa6442_c.jpg

47516973601_7ae8f38ff6_c.jpg

47464251952_e1c1e89a0d_c.jpg

Caporegime
Anyone got first hand experience of Omega servicing? Am I best off dropping it with Goldsmiths (where I bought it) or liaising with Omega directly? How much should I expect to pay and is there anything else I need to consider?

Watch is a Seamaster Planet Ocean due its first service.

Thanks.

Associate
Anyone got first hand experience of Omega servicing? Am I best off dropping it with Goldsmiths (where I bought it) or liaising with Omega directly? How much should I expect to pay and is there anything else I need to consider?

Thanks.
I found this page on the Omega site:
https://www.omegawatches.com/custom...s-and-prices/main-steps-of-a-complete-service

Scroll down for pricing

RECOMMENDED PUBLIC PRICES
(VAT included)

NON-PRECIOUS MATERIAL PRICE

Steel (including plated steel), titanium, ceramic

CALIBRE TYPE PRICE
NON-CHRONOGRAPH QUARTZ £330.00
NON-CHRONOGRAPH MECHANICAL £410.00
CHRONOGRAPH QUARTZ £450.00
CHRONOGRAPH MECHANICAL £550.00

Soldato

Thanks.
Where possible, I'd cut out the middle man i.e. Goldsmiths

That being said, how long have you had it? You might still be under warranty if it's playing up.

Don

Thanks.

I always go through a dealer. same price and the shipping is their problem

Associate
Hey guys,

I have a Rolex GMT-Master 1675/3, and I'm looking to change the band to a leather strap, any recommendations?

I've seen people with black straps, but interested in a brown/tan strap.

Associate
I have a leather strap on my 1675 made by strap-works.co.uk. The vintage leather they used is now out of stock, but the strap is very well made so they are worth a look. The other I'm considering getting is one of the Italian made JPM straps from here:

https://www.watchobsession.co.uk/collections/jpm-products

Toshi straps are always great, but might be a bit thick for a 1675. Still, worth a look - there's a Steinhart GMT in the gallery there that looks good:

https://toshi-straps.co.uk/gallery/page/2/

Last edited:
Associate
Just managed to find an old watch lying around, so I've managed to change the strap just to see what it looks like

p1SC4Ng.jpg
p1SC4Ng

The strap is 22mm I think, so I've had to squeeze it in, but I'm happy with the look of it.

Now it's time to order a proper strap :)

Soldato
I just watched that. I thought I wasn't very observant until I watched it back and noticed the first half of the video isn't the watch in question.

On the new Seamaster: Nice. Wrong colour (black > *), but still nice.

Associate
Looking to buy a cheap, functional watch as the old Rotary I've had for donkeys years has finally given up the ghost. I'm afraid my purchase will not be in the same league as the beautiful watches posted elsewhere in this thread - however, I was very taken with the pic of the Seiko 5 Military that was posted recently. I assume it's not available in the UK (which is a shame as I'd like to see it in the flesh first - I have quite slim wrists and so it's difficult to get a sense of how 'bulky' it is from pictures). But - it seems like a good watch for the ~£75 that Amazon would charge me for it. Would this be a good purchase - or if not - what similar watches would the team recommend?

Soldato
43mm, I have girly wrists :o

I'm saving for a Grand Seiko spring drive, obvious choice is the Snow-flake but not a 100% sure yet.
Why obvious? Plenty to choose from now. This is also the year of the spring drive anniversary so there are quite a few special pieces being released.

I wear my one just about every day - black dial, lumed, spring drive, and titanium. Love it.

Back
Top Bottom