Ideas for car

Associate
Sorry about this as a lot of these threads appear on here...

I need ideas for a new, used car.

£8K max budget. Petrol or diesel. Manual or auto. Must be quite swift but not ‘obvious’ looking.... discreet is an apt word.

Prefer average mileage for age.

What should I be looking for?

Man of Honour
You need to quickly define what you mean by 'swift' or within 2 hours this thread will be full of recommendations for Cat C BMW M5's or a Mercedes CL600 BiTurbo.

Associate
If you like a cheeky hot hatch that comes in below your budget and apart from being a smidge over the 2.0L maximum you have set, I would have said a MK1 Mazda 3 MPS.

Quick, understated and practical.

Soldato
Honda accord 2.4 petrol comes in manual and auto, it's petrol revs quite high making it fun to drive and saloon and estate versions

Bit different to normal stuff

Caporegime
Fair enough. I’m thinking 150-200 bhp and 8-9 secs 0-60 mph. Perhaps ‘lively’ is more accurate. Perhaps 2.0L maximum.
Arbitrary engine size limits don’t make any sense. There are plenty of American V8s that make less than your power figure, and plenty of sub 2.0 inline 4s that make over those figures.

You appear to want a relatively normal car all being said and done. Something that doesn’t stand out and has around 150+bhp is quite a broad spectrum of currently available cars.

Back
Top Bottom