What's best 6mm or 8 mm shower door.

Caporegime
As thick as you can get IMO. My shower is 10m and feels a lot sturdier than the thinner stuff. 6mm is really thin, so I’d go with the 8mm all things being equal.

Associate
Forgot to tell you about the screen!

It definitely feels sturdier than the thinner screens, the glass doesn't flex anywhere near as much.
The door rollers are good quality as you'd expect and the doors run nice and smooth.

I like the chrome magnetic door seals on the 8 series, looks so much better than the push on plastic seals you nrmally get.

Associate
OP
When I was in the show room yesterday sales also showed me a 900mm quad Flair Verve enclosure (6mm glass)
You know, it didn't look to bad either and the door open and closed very nice too, granted you would know it hadn't the weight of the 8mm glass.
The Verve door and tray is almost £200 cheaper than the Merlyn bundle, door and tray.

Any thoughts on the Flair Verve?

Thanks guys for you advice so far.

Associate
OP
Id make sure you get a proper solid shower tray (stone resin/similar) rather than worry about enclosures as much.

Hi Thanks, yes I need a tray as well, You right, you cant ignore a good tray. I'm asking about one of these too.

That's class, nice work, well done.

Soldato
Any brand your thinking off?

Thanks on advance.
I got an "april" stone resin tray from shower trays uk.

They were a good supplier and upgraded my 8mm glass to 10mm because it was out of stock, also sorted out damage to the panel.

Im not sure if branding etc matrers on stone resin trays.

Back
Top Bottom