Best buys for PS2?

Associate
I kinda missed the boat with this console, although I did own one briefly my total gaming experience extended to GT3, Killzone and Devil May Cry.

Considering the success of the console and games, I've hardly scraped the surface.

Guy from work kindly gave me his unused PS2 Slim for nothing so I feel obliged to dive in..

Man of Honour
Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3
GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas
Okami
Jak and Daxter
Timesplitters

If you missed out on PS1, then you now have the perfect opportunity to fix that too :p

My most played and most enjoyable game on the PS2 is Need For Speed Underground 2.. Id be playing it now if I had a PS2 setup... Everytime I see it now it takes me back to my younger days round my mates playing it non stop

It was on PC too!

Associate
OP
I had a PS1 so I'm good on that front. In fact started to hunt for a few PS1 classics as I've also bought a PS3.

Was quite disappointed to discover PS4 backwards compatible only really existed on PS Now.

The Mrs is about to have a fit with my new setup...

Soldato
Tony Hawk 3 and 4 only (underground is where it gets silly), Gran Tourismo 3 and 4 (3 has such good music), Time Crisis 2 if you have a CRT, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, Jak and Daxter is well worth it (the first one at least), another vote for all 3 GTA games - they work so well with the ps2 pad, there's plenty more out there and another vote up for Metal Jesus - he tends to have some really good/surprise games, especially when Reggie turns up with some shooters. Final thought is Burnout 2 and 3, first is too raw but those were immense (and 3 is the main reason I'm going to pick up a ps2 again)

Weirdly I still think Need for Speed Underground 2 was one of the biggest waste of times I've ever played (and completed), mostly as the racing was really wooden and you couldn't take the spinners off the cars!!!!

Associate
OP
Tony Hawk 3 and 4 only (underground is where it gets silly), Gran Tourismo 3 and 4 (3 has such good music), Time Crisis 2 if you have a CRT, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, Jak and Daxter is well worth it (the first one at least), another vote for all 3 GTA games - they work so well with the ps2 pad, there's plenty more out there and another vote up for Metal Jesus - he tends to have some really good/surprise games, especially when Reggie turns up with some shooters. Final thought is Burnout 2 and 3, first is too raw but those were immense (and 3 is the main reason I'm going to pick up a ps2 again)

Weirdly I still think Need for Speed Underground 2 was one of the biggest waste of times I've ever played (and completed), mostly as the racing was really wooden and you couldn't take the spinners off the cars!!!!

Which Burnout game had the crash simulator where you had to rack up a money value of destruction?

Soldato
Silent hill 2. Probably one of the best horror games out there. Holds up well, I played through it for the first time in recent years.

Burnout 3 takedown is fantastic as above

Associate
Gotta play Silent Hill 2 again, I too was given a freebie PS2 a few years ago and built up a small collection of reasonable-to-good games. Started playing SH2, didn't get very far I don't think, stumbling around a hotel in the dark not knowing what to do next, then got drawn away by something new and sparkly on the Xbox.

Soldato
Gradius V is also absolutely brilliant!

Ridge racer V although a release day title was pretty cracking, castle of shikogami 2 (spelling?), Burnout 2 and Revenge, auto modellista

Soldato
Burnout games are fun
Final Fantasy x
God of War games
GTA 3/VC/SA
MGS 2+3
Shadow of the Colossus
Tony Hawks games (3 will always remain my all time fave since it was my first ever ps2 games) wasn't a big fan of 4, I did enjoy the story mode for Underground 1&2

Associate
OP
I've added to my small collection with 2 PS1 games.... Alien Trilogy and MDK. Really excited to play MDK again after 20 years plus.

On the PS2 front I've also bought XIII and POP, Sands of Time. Both games I've always wanted to play through.

Already have MGS HD collection for the PS3. Will have to source the first game mind.

Oh and Quake 2 for the PS1.

Wasnt impressed how PS1 games run on the PS3 so hopefully they look better on the PS2.

Associate
I kinda missed the boat with this console, although I did own one briefly my total gaming experience extended to GT3, Killzone and Devil May Cry.

/QUOTE]

Well Gt3 is arguably one of the greatest racing games ever made so youve not done too badly!

Mgs3
Resi 4
Shadow of the Colossus
ICO
FFX

All stellar games, although yeah the control schemes arent always 'perfect' these days. Id replay them in a heatbeat though.

Back
Top Bottom