• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Screen flicker common with 2080 cards?

Associate
Barely had the card a week, just noticed some odd flickering in the desktop. It keeps happening after shutting down the game I was playing for a few hours.

Temp is immensely low too, which is surprising because in-game it must have been 65-70c and it's chilling at a whopping 34c. I have no idea how it cools down that fast, but hey ho.

Anyone else get flickering? What causes it? Any fixes?

Associate
Well as soon as the loa on the GPU drops so does the amount of power it draws, and thats what causes the heat. It will drop rapidly as soon as the load drops.

As for the flickering does it only happen after gaming? More than 1 game? Not during game, only when you exit? Try gpu stress test and see if its repeatable under load.

Man of Honour
Shouldn't be seeing flickering on the desktop - some slight edge cases with G-Sync window mode and/or if you have a very high refresh screen and using lower power modes on the desktop aside.

Associate
Was flickering randomly in gaming on mine when I bought the card. It turns out the cable was not able to handle 144hz. I bought a new DisplayPort cable by Accell which solved the issue.

Back
Top Bottom