Dirt Rally 2.0

Soldato
I have not updated to DR2 yet, as i think original DR looks great, wales still looks awesome, cant see DR2 making it look better myself.
I had no idea that Monte could be made so much better, it wasnt until I ran them back to back that i was actually blown away by the improvement. If they redo Wales I'm confident that you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Got this bad boy for my rally setup today:)
ZcJt7MSl.jpg
Set up in Handbrake mode, already feel faster and more confident as I feel I have better control of the car in tighter stuff. Also have a 3DRap logitech shifter upgrade kit on route, plan to have the shifter setup in sequential mode with the mod from 3dRap, which will sit between the wheel and handbrake. I could have gon cheaper and bought one of those budget analogue ebay jobbies, but I thought the option of running it in sequential would be great and I gotta say I'm pretty damn impressed with the build quality, proper sturdy bit of kit, no qualms what so ever giving it a proper yank, I fear for my desk...:eek:
Eventually plan to get a cockpit setup of some description and upgrade from the g920 to something a bit nicer, original plan was a thrustmaster setup but the more I look into it the more I lust after a DD wheel... but that will likely have to be put on the back burner till ~Jul/Aug as have some big expenses in coming months (US Holiday, Car due MOT and needs work).

Associate
Just hooked up to a tv and my FPS has dropped from 120ish to a steady 40 is there something I’ve missed? My laptop is 120Hz but switched it to 60Mhz in game and still sits at 40. Plays ok though just seems weird

Associate
Well I've had a bit of a revelation, I'm faster with my xbox one joypad than I am with my T500RS set up! Can't seem to do stages as quick with my wheel, despite trying setups and tweaks to get it how I like it.

Every other sim I play is opposite, can't use joypad at all.

Associate
Well I've had a bit of a revelation, I'm faster with my xbox one joypad than I am with my T500RS set up! Can't seem to do stages as quick with my wheel, despite trying setups and tweaks to get it how I like it.

Every other sim I play is opposite, can't use joypad at all.

I’ve not tried playing on a wheel yet I’m just Xbox one remote all the way, I find I get quicker speeds on my 17” laptop display, I’m about 6 seconds slower on a 60” TV can’t work it out.

Not long till the next set of new content.....waiting for the BMW!

Soldato
on pc new cars are out today little early. the bmw m1 procar and the opel manta 400. love the manta amazing fun.
Oh, completely forgot we were due more content this soon!

Just a quick question..i bought the deluxe version and ive just noticed the opal kadett and h2 rwd pack (Fiat 131 Abarth Rally & Alpine Renault A110 1600 S)
are available to download at a cost.....thought u got all cars with the deluxe version
I too have the deluxe version, and mine also shows the same in the store page, but all the cars are already available in game.

Caporegime
OP
Just a quick question..i bought the deluxe version and ive just noticed the opal kadett and h2 rwd pack (Fiat 131 Abarth Rally & Alpine Renault A110 1600 S)
are available to download at a cost.....thought u got all cars with the deluxe version

check ingame if you have them or not sometimes its steams end.

Associate
Just an idea for those too tight for a handbrake like me - I use 4th gear on my logitech gearstick for my handbrake on rally games and paddle shift for gears and works hood enough. Granted no spring back mind so gotta push it out of gear to disengage.

Soldato
Just an idea for those too tight for a handbrake like me - I use 4th gear on my logitech gearstick for my handbrake on rally games and paddle shift for gears and works hood enough. Granted no spring back mind so gotta push it out of gear to disengage.
If you dont want to splash out for a full handbrake and you want to go down the route of using your shifter. have a look at this.
https://www.3drap.it/product/mod-cambio-v3-h-shifter-logitech-g25-g27-g29-g920-improved-feel/
Can give you spring back also doubles up as a sequential if you wish to have that instead, wont be analogue, still on/of but at least it returns.
Really improves the feel of the shifter if used in H pattern mode, give a much more positive engagement feel

I have the above setup in Seq shifter along side the thrustmaster sparco handbrake

Back
Top Bottom