• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AutoCAD/Revit Graphics Card

Associate
As per title I need a graphics card which is suitable to run AutoCAD 2019, and possibly also Revit in the future.

It will be used with a Ryzen 7 2700X processor, Asus X370-F motherboard, 480GB SSD and 16GB of RAM.

I have a budget of £150 to £200, possibly slightly more.

All suggestions appreciated.

Soldato
Probably anything to be honest. How complex is your work going to be? When you start pushing lit polygons around there's no real difference between 3D modelling and games, so the more grunt you have, the better the performance.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if AutoCAD and Revit require some kind of driver certification to "guarantee" compatibility with hardware acceleration, and that sort of thing would likely to be restricted to a workstation card like a Quadro or FirePro. And then we're talking silly money.

If I were you, I'd hit up Google for other people using hardware acceleration on this two programs and the spec requirements on Autodesk's sites - if they have specific requirements then they will list them. And then take it from there.

Associate
OP
Probably anything to be honest. How complex is your work going to be? When you start pushing lit polygons around there's no real difference between 3D modelling and games, so the more grunt you have, the better the performance.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if AutoCAD and Revit require some kind of driver certification to "guarantee" compatibility with hardware acceleration, and that sort of thing would likely to be restricted to a workstation card like a Quadro or FirePro. And then we're talking silly money.

If I were you, I'd hit up Google for other people using hardware acceleration on this two programs and the spec requirements on Autodesk's sites - if they have specific requirements then they will list them. And then take it from there.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, Autodesk have "certified" hardware (quadro, firepro etc.) which is out of my price range. My work is simple two dimensional drawing at the moment, however I would like the option to teach myself 3D in future.

Maybe it would be better if I rephrased my question to ask what is the best AMD graphics card for around £200? Then I can look for online reviews as to its compatibility with CAD and Revit.

Back
Top Bottom