Wifey needs a new car but I'm out of suggestions. Help please

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I already have a 5 estate, this is for the wife who doesn't like the look of them - but the way things are looking now...
[...]
**** that, she can have mine and I'm gonna get another M5 if that were the situation!
This is what I was getting at ;)

My gf drives the A6 Avant with the kids and I got myself a Golf for the commute. Not quite 535d and M5 but you might as well just give her the BMW. You won't find anything better for the job.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
That may happen eventually as we are looking to relocate and reduce my commute from 180odd miles a day to 5, but until then I need my economic family wagon and she her own.

Soldato
Have you looked at a Fiat 500X or 500L since she likes the 500?
Not a Fiat there a bag of crap

I bought one for my mother a few years ago with 20,000miles on the clock and by the time it got up to about 27,000miles on the clock it had the gearbox rebuilt, new clutch , New front suspension, New thermostat housing :mad:

Last edited:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
He says replying to 6 month old posts?
I appreciate it may be difficult for some to understand the way they are quoted, have another look see and then tell me again that I'm replying to a 6 month old post.

Caporegime
I appreciate it may be difficult for some to understand the way they are quoted, have another look see and then tell me again that I'm replying to a 6 month old post.

Yup, still stumped why you included my 6 month old post in there!

Although if you're looking at q7s then you've definitely heeded it cos man they are fugly.

Associate
I know this thread is getting old, i had a good chuckle at it but i feel you pain, women and cars are a pain. Last year my wife had her heart set on a mazda6 had be black and petrol took me 3 months to find one. Everything i pointed out to her during that time she would find a reason to say no, she wrote off one car because it didn't have a cup holder!!! I would go down the estate route or SUV. Have you considered a Touareg?

Soldato
Apologies if this has already been covered but I thought you said a 3 series was too big, now you're looking at Q7s? :p

Have you looked at S-Maxes? They're pretty much designed for this sort of use. With the third row of seats down you'll have acres of room for prams and associated paraphernalia.

What are your safety concerns? One has a 4 star NCAP and the other a 5 star NCAP...

Standing at the side of the road waiting for a recovery truck isn't always safe, depending on where you're stopped.

Associate
Apologies if this has already been covered but I thought you said a 3 series was too big, now you're looking at Q7s? :p

Have you looked at S-Maxes? They're pretty much designed for this sort of use. With the third row of seats down you'll have acres of room for prams and associated paraphernalia.

Standing at the side of the road waiting for a recovery truck isn't always safe, depending on where you're stopped.

Actually the S max is a good call, my brother in law has one they have 3 kids and that is all the space they need.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
I know this thread is getting old, i had a good chuckle at it but i feel you pain, women and cars are a pain. Last year my wife had her heart set on a mazda6 had be black and petrol took me 3 months to find one. Everything i pointed out to her during that time she would find a reason to say no, she wrote off one car because it didn't have a cup holder!!! I would go down the estate route or SUV. Have you considered a Touareg?
Haha its got even worse now as apparently I have turned her into a badge snob as she doesn't want a volvo or vw either. :(

Haha yep, that is where we are at. She now resigned to the fact she'll have to have a big car if she wants to fit the assembled pram and shopping in the back.
Regarding the smax, see new snobbery mentioned above.

Ah right. So you don't want a car that's actually safe, you want one that has an unfounded perception of safety. ;)
Really? OK show me what BMW or Merc you'd prefer not to be in during a motorway crash and actually be safer in a fiat.
Edit: I don't actually care, I know what I'm after (kind of).

Back
Top Bottom