• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
If these chips don't do a good all core overclock and at least match the 9900k in gaming for the 12 and 16 core I'll personally be disappointed.

I don't give two hoots about numbers if the actual performance matches or exceeds the 9900K. Who cares about 5GHz if the 9900K is beaten at 4.5GHz? And as for gaming, unless you have some extreme requirement or fringe case, I thought the difference in gaming performance was already imperceptible?

Permabanned
I don't give two hoots about numbers if the actual performance matches or exceeds the 9900K. Who cares about 5GHz if the 9900K is beaten at 4.5GHz? And as for gaming, unless you have some extreme requirement or fringe case, I thought the difference in gaming performance was already imperceptible?

Pretty much. Remember also that with the 12C/24T or 16C/32T chips, you will be able to run TWO! instances of a game simultaneously without dropping performance. An i9-9900K won't do that because it will hit threads bottleneck.

Associate

Calm yourself down sweetheart, I said an all core overclock, I don't just want 2 cores boosting slightly faster. I want a faster gaming chip, extreme requirements or otherwise I could care less, it's what 'I' want from the chip and I like to take advantage of 144hz, which is where current Ryzen is let down at 1080p.

Permabanned
Calm yourself down sweetheart, I said an all core overclock, I don't just want 2 cores boosting slightly faster. I want a faster gaming chip, extreme requirements or otherwise I could care less, it's what 'I' want from the chip and I like to take advantage of 144hz, which is where current Ryzen is let down at 1080p.

You want to run CS:GO at 1080p with a framerate hitting 1000 FPS, and won't be satisfied if it is 600 FPS?! lol

Associate
They didnt mention numbers. Just performance beating that of the 9900k.

Associate
You want to run CS:GO at 1080p with a framerate hitting 1000 FPS, and won't be satisfied if it is 600 FPS?! lol

lol, not quite, but I would like to be able to play things like pubg at a constant 144fps, which a current 2700x will no way do. An intel on the other hand, does. So that level of performance I'm happy with, with double the core count. Anything less, then for me it would be a fail on AMD's part.

I will however caveat that by saying, my expectations are that they will do that and then some, it makes little logical sense why these new chips wont just trounce a 9900k and have 8 cores and 16 threads spare.

Caporegime
yes spaghetti some dont realize there is many people who want a gaming chip that delivers on high hz screens. no current ryzens offer intel performance in games like pubg. if they can do it this time round it will sell a lot of chips for gaming. im hoping for intel matching ipc and at least 4.5ghz. if they cant do that wont touch them.as currently to drive pubg and keep the 144hz solid thats what you need. a 12 core with those features will be amazing. hopefully they pull it off and ...the price is right. if they can its going to be a amd slaughter house. :D

Permabanned
lol, not quite, but I would like to be able to play things like pubg at a constant 144fps, which a current 2700x will no way do. An intel on the other hand, does. So that level of performance I'm happy with, with double the core count. Anything less, then for me it would be a fail on AMD's part.

I will however caveat that by saying, my expectations are that they will do that and then some, it makes little logical sense why these new chips wont just trounce a 9900k and have 8 cores and 16 threads spare.

An intel can't do minimum 144 FPS in PUBG !

https://www.techspot.com/review/1655-core-i7-8700k-vs-ryzen-7-2700x/page5.html

Soldato
Perfectly calm over here, "sweetheart". Might I suggest the same?

Permabanned
People seeking high refresh rates in online games (especially esports fps titles like pubg csgo etc) rarely use ultra gfx settings. If anything they'll run them on low to maximise fps and minimise latency.

This means the Ryzen 7 2700 will do more than 144 FPS minimum at lower settings !

Caporegime
This means the Ryzen 7 2700 will do more than 144 FPS minimum at lower settings !

it wont maintain the same fps as a intel chip. i play with kungfu in pubg. even with lower settings the ryzens cant match anything i5 or above.this is why many hope the amd chips can close the gap and get more cores at the same time. at pubg my fps is never lower than 144fps at any point on the settings i play. to some it seems a waste or not a issue but to the millions that play pubg it can be a big deal. also those that play only a couple of games mainly and pubg is the main you play.

when you in a firefight or big action and that amd cpu drops to say 100 or lower fps and the intel is still over what you want that little difference helps.

Associate
yes spaghetti some dont realize there is many people who want a gaming chip that delivers on high hz screens. no current ryzens offer intel performance in games like pubg. if they can do it this time round it will sell a lot of chips for gaming. im hoping for intel matching ipc and at least 4.5ghz. if they cant do that wont touch them.as currently to drive pubg and keep the 144hz solid thats what you need. a 12 core with those features will be amazing. hopefully they pull it off and ...the price is right. if they can its going to be a amd slaughter house. :D

Exactly, I think this place has a skewed version of the real world. Not everyone games at 1440p or 4k, especially anyone who likes to play fast paced FPS games. Try playing pube on 60hz, it's garbage.

I believe that the current Ryzen matches intels on IPC, but just get smashed on all core clockspeed, so I'm expecting faster clocks and better IPC on the next one. Either way, don't care how they do it, clock speed/IPC, don't care, just want more frames. Even if I played at 1440p, I'd want 144hz and therefore 144+fps as anything less feels dreadful once you're used to high refresh gaming.

No it wont. Average FPS will go up a bit, but those 1% lows when it counts are where you could be seeing 70-100fps on Ryzen on moderate settings, not even ultra. Those same setting on Intel and 70 suddenly becomes 100+

Back
Top Bottom