I got me 3D printer, awesome!

Associate
All the "Chinese" machines much the same as the copy each other but there advantage is the Facebook communities behind them, they offer better support.

Pet Northerner
Don
Thanks for the advice, So many reviews saying so many different things. As usual every company thinks its the best!

Just watched a few reviews on the one you suggested, Good prints at a fraction of the cost, Know anything about the Ender 5? Seems quite good too

CREALITY 3D Upgrade Auto Leveling CR-10S Pro Touch LCD V2.4.1 Motherboard Double Extrusion Resume Printing Filament Detection -- this one looks very good too

I have the CR-10S Pro.

I initially had some bed leveling issues, but I changed the sensor to inductive and replaced the print surface with a mirror from Ikea and since then I've had no problems.

Associate
I have the CR-10S Pro.

I initially had some bed leveling issues, but I changed the sensor to inductive and replaced the print surface with a mirror from Ikea and since then I've had no problems.

Defo leaning towards this one, a certain rainforest is out of stock on official store tho! Not sure I wanna try a diff unofficial rainforest supply

Pet Northerner
Don
Defo leaning towards this one, a certain rainforest is out of stock on official store tho! Not sure I wanna try a diff unofficial rainforest supply

I got mine here:

https://technologyoutlet.co.uk/collections/creality3d/products/creality-3d-cr-10s-pro

edit: if you want, I can take a pic of the print thats going on when I get home. It's half a head of a moljnir hammer, so it'll show you how layers look over a good 20cm height

more edit: I find that their filament is quite good, but get it off the rainforrest as it's a fiver cheaper and free shipping with prime.

Last edited:
Soldato
Prusa MK3S is much more forgiving for beginners, pretty much start the print and walk away. Don't even sit there and watch the first layer, I know it will print and have no problems. The standard model prints really well but upgrade it with the BMG extruder and its really good.

The CR-10 will require some fiddling or upgrading to get it to the point of being easy to print, you will need to learn about printing a bit more then you would with the Prusa. But it does have the edge when it comes to print volume.

Pet Northerner
Don
pics would be great, thanks :D
http://imgur.com/gallery/rqIljea

Note, I'm still relatively new to this and I do need up slicer settings. So the mask has extra stringing asi forgot to give it extra retraction for the Bowden. The hammer out walls were sliced to thin, so the bricks lines you see are infill. They will disappear after sanding, priming and painting

Associate
Pet Northerner
Don
I only flashed with the Tinymachiens firmware, as I wanted to follow their bed leveling instructions. Apparently the newest creality firmware it also fine.

The main thing to look out for is that the x gantry likes to be uneven. Use this video to tighten the nits that hold the z axis wheels. This fixed the problem for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG8X26UtLVw

edit: I should also add that the tinymachien page has a few slicer profiles to get you started on.

Last edited:
Associate
The artillery sidewinder x1 is better than the CR-10S Pro. One of the people in the community who does a lot of with lots of printers and slicers claims it prints PLA better than even his modded MK3.

Associate
Well after being paid from a job late I’m ready to order but now u have put doubts on which to get haha, from what I see both have their issues and setup issues, I’m guessing that only go’s away when u spend silly amounts on diff models, gonna watch a few more reviews , I’ve read so much on Cr10s now I think I know most . Will check other now

Associate
At the end of the day, any issues with either printer can be over come, their will be someone who has had the issue and fixed it.

Here's a review that's just been released.

Soldato
Well after being paid from a job late I’m ready to order but now u have put doubts on which to get haha, from what I see both have their issues and setup issues, I’m guessing that only go’s away when u spend silly amounts on diff models, gonna watch a few more reviews , I’ve read so much on Cr10s now I think I know most . Will check other now

Creality 3D have a sale on at the moment. They have a UK warehouse.

https://www.creality3d.shop/product...-prusa-i3-220x220x250mm?variant=2477621903372

I am getting out of the 3D printer lark.
I haven't used it in ages.....

Associate
Dropping this here in case anyones interested, posted in wargaming thread, but probably get more views here.

Humble 3D Printable Dungeons & Cities Bundle for 5E Fantasy
Dungeon Masters rejoice, for we have brought you a bundle full of 3D models to take your campaign to the next level!

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/...ons_bookbundle&linkID=&utm_content=hero_image

Like the look of the Abandoned Mausoleum in the 76p tier.

Don
Well stone me and call me Steve, I didn't know we had a thread for actual 3D printers.

Here are mine.

Nearly finished building my second printer. All self built with many of the components designed by me in Fusion 360. The base design is the AM8 but I've modified it significantly. The one in the enclosure is going to be upgraded to MGN12 rails and 2040 extrusion fairly soon.
The controller is a normal RAMPS 1.6 with 2560 combo. Running TMC2130 drivers with SPI connections. Extruder is a Bondtech BMG with E3D V6 hot end.
The bottom printer is a Geeetech i3 Pro B that is also heavily modified with a Titan extruder and E3D V6 hot-end and TMC2208 drivers.

CTqcak6.jpg

Extruder mount and design:

HU4YiCC.png

maeKKXd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom