• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Caporegime
Outstanding, how's the stock volts and temps treating you and also I meant to ask you, why aren't you AMDMatt anymore?
Stock volts is 1.086v, which is similar to the other two I've had. Seems to be running well, able to undervolt to 0.970v which is a little lower than previous ones.

I wanted my old name back and my job no longer requires me to be a vendor rep here so it was misleading to have the name.

Associate
I just managed to pic up a rtx 2080ti founders edition from a friend for less than the VII so I can do a direct comparison in the same rig.

Powercolor arrived, no problems with the backplate. :)

Glad to see you finally got a good one LtMatt and stock voltages look about normal. Have you noticed any difference in temps with the screws all even?

Soldato
I just managed to pic up a rtx 2080ti founders edition from a friend for less than the VII so I can do a direct comparison in the same rig.

Glad to see you finally got a good one LtMatt and stock voltages look about normal. Have you noticed any difference in temps with the screws all even?

Interesting indeed. Always interested in non biased users. Fully pushed v7 v 2080ti. It's always going to be 2080ti but be nice to see what v7 can do in comparison when pushed.

Associate
Interesting indeed. Always interested in non biased users. Fully pushed v7 v 2080ti. It's always going to be 2080ti but be nice to see what v7 can do in comparison when pushed.

I am awaiting a water block and back plate for the 2080ti so can even compare temps over all using the exact same water cooling setup, I know what the VII can do so will push the 2080ti the same way and see what a founders edition 2080ti can do under water. I will also look at image quality between the 2 cards.
I have no dout the 2080ti will be faster, but speed isnt everything, the VII has not had one glitch in everything played so far. has been very smooth and no driver issues.

If the water block and back plate arrives Thursday, I fully expect the 2080ti to be in my system for week end testing.

Man of Honour
OP

You sometimes get unexpected results doing this.

I remember putting custom waterblocks on my Fury X cards and despite using more power than most of my NVidia cards they were the coolest running.

I suspect it not just the amount of heat that needs removing that counts, it is also how and what the water block connects to on the card that also helps.

Associate
You sometimes get unexpected results doing this.

I remember putting custom waterblocks on my Fury X cards and despite using more power than most of my NVidia cards they were the coolest running.

I suspect it not just the amount of heat that needs removing that counts, it is also how and what the water block connects to on the card that also helps.

This is true as of course its not the same water block, different brand for the 2080ti using EK for this card. The VII with the Byksk block performs really well, temps are amazing really, my VII can do 1325mem but core 2100mhz i know some get more on core, but less on mem, same as the 2080ti cards. some will be better than others.
I am hoping the rtx 2080ti only purchased the end of feb will be an A chip, I am not sure what NV uses on the founders edition cards. but will see when i strip the card to fit the WB.

Soldato
This is true as of course its not the same water block, different brand for the 2080ti using EK for this card. The VII with the Byksk block performs really well, temps are amazing really, my VII can do 1325mem but core 2100mhz i know some get more on core, but less on mem, same as the 2080ti cards. some will be better than others.
I am hoping the rtx 2080ti only purchased the end of feb will be an A chip, I am not sure what NV uses on the founders edition cards. but will see when i strip the card to fit the WB.
Founders edition cards are supposed to be well binned

Associate
Just ordered the Alphacool block (plus some other bits). Block (which includes a backplate) came to £97.89 which makes it quite a bargain compared to the EK block and backplate. Also ordered a 240mm rad, tubing, fluid, fans, etc. Fun times ahead.

Back
Top Bottom