Associate
Whats the best out of the two rizer cables for the evolv x the thin one or the larger as its got better shielding?

If it fits and you don't mind the extra cost or chunkier looks then get the thicker one. I have the thinner one that came with my Phanteks Enthoo Elite as a replacement and it works fine at x16 Gen3 on my 1080Ti. The original one was thicker so I was sceptical but it was faulty so looks can be deceiving :) It only ran stably at x16 Gen1.

Soldato
Has anyone done a custom loop in the P600s?

I love the case and am seriously considering pulling the trigger on the custom loop but am worried with it being so small as I've never done one before.

Associate
Has anyone done a custom loop in the P600s?

I love the case and am seriously considering pulling the trigger on the custom loop but am worried with it being so small as I've never done one before.
The P600s is a mid tower atx case and is almost the same size as the evolv x (-10mm length). There should be no issue with adding a custom loop.

Associate
Just had my Evolv X delivered and first impressions in terms of quality control were not great. Has anyone else experienced any of the following or am I just unlucky?

1. The plastic has not been properly formed around the front panel headphone port. Looks like its easy to replace though.

Zajr4yu.jpg

2. Several motherboard standoffs are rusty and two thumb screws are corroded (not shown)

ypLkIqS.jpg

3. Top panel dents/sharp edge are minor but a shame as this section is otherwise flawless.

3syz6PT.jpg

4. Poor application of window seal causing an overlap.

KhYQcve.jpg

5. Scuffing to the glass edge only on the left side.

FCm7Yfb.jpg

This is a fantastic looking case, however with so many issues Im not sure if I should get a replacement or start looking for something else! Opinions on the best case manufacturer in terms of build and quality control are much appreciated.

Associate
There is a small imperfection on the moulding around the headphones/usb same side and place as yours but I had to look for it to find it. Now I can't unsee it :rolleyes:. Thankfully there's no rust or denting that I can see.

Associate
Thanks to you both for cross checking. I didn't think the headphone port imperfection would be a common fault, maybe the modules were both made on the same Friday afternoon :rolleyes:.
With the multiple problems I will be returning either for a replacement or something else entirely.

Glad to hear your p600s is ok. I will be air cooling a stock 9900k with the new Noctua NH-U12A so as its a more air focused case it might be another option.

Associate
Just had my Evolv X delivered and first impressions in terms of quality control were not great. Has anyone else experienced any of the following or am I just unlucky?

This is a fantastic looking case, however with so many issues Im not sure if I should get a replacement or start looking for something else! Opinions on the best case manufacturer in terms of build and quality control are much appreciated.

If you like the case and don't mind the delay then I'd recommended returning it and exchanging for a new one. I think you were just unlucky. My first Enthoo Elite arrived with missing case screws, scratches on front panel and missing an entire accessories box (so loads missing). Maybe it was an ex-demo or B-grade by mistake but the film was still in place where it should be. I got a new one that was perfect and it has been a great case.

Even Caselabs which were considered the top tier by many had QC issues from time to time and they shipped far fewer overall cases than the big players.

OcUK Staff
I'd say with those issues @Stratosphere83 there will be no issues organising a replacement. Phanteks build quality and QC is generally at the top of the pile, but even so, issues still get through. In future, if anyone has any parts issues, dropping RMA 'AT' Phanteks DOT com an email usually yields the parts you need fairly quickly. I've recently done my initial build into the Evolv X, and as echoed by many in here, it really is a beautiful case to both look at and work with. It's no surprise it's been put at the top of the pile in Kitguru's brand new 'best of' section :)

Associate
@Bugbait Thanks for the update on your case experience. Once I found the front panel issues I did have a more detailed check and that's when I noticed the other issues, to be fair on the build the case is top of the pile and the sandblasted aluminium panels are superb.

When it comes to any tech as the cost rises so does the expectation of it being perfect but in reality this is not always true!

@ChugNorris Appreciate sharing the Phanteks contact details and thank you for the excellent customer service at OCUK. Case was picked up by DPD and refund received today. I decided to continue using my exiting Lian-Li case which is packed with Noctua's but may still struggle with an air cooled stock 9900K and GTX 1070. No issues cooling a Xeon X5675 @4.0GHz that has served me incredibly well for mostly development with a splash of gaming :)

I would have loved to try for a perfect replacement but its always a gamble.

Back
Top Bottom