Logitech MX518 Legendary

Soldato
Are these still not available anywhere other than resellers online, or directly through Logitech? This is quite a baffling decision on their part. I need a new gaming mouse, and I loved my original G7 and G5. The MX518 still uses the same shape but is upgraded for todays standards, so it's a no-brainer, but it's a 4 - 7 day delivery wait from Logitech and it's also £51.99. I don't get why UK sites aren't getting these to sell as well. Any word about this from OcUK?

Caporegime
i dont think they must have much weight with logitech to sell these or....logitech are only selling themselves or through certain vendors. it is frustrating when you wait for years with the hope of the mouse being remade or being released again. then it happens and they dont sell them in the uk :(

Soldato
I asked for more information yesterday.

None has been forthcoming.

Thanks for putting in another enquiry Nik. It does seem like a rather strange decision on Logitech's part. Surely it'd be a huge seller for them if they were to expand the market more. I don't really get their thinking.

C64

C64

Soldato
Made the swap to a logitech g502 after my mx518 died can recommend it it's very similar feeling the two micro mouse buttons to left of where your index finger rests were being accidentally hit at first but it soon becomes natural not to hit them by mistake besides you can disable them

can recommend to anyone looking for a close replacement feels very similar and a natural fit to me

Soldato
There is a possibility the German exclusivity period is a limited time and we may receive them in the UK to resell at some point.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the update Nik. Unfortunately I've had to order one elsewhere as my current mouse is causing me no-end of issues when playing games and I needed a new one asap. Thanks for looking into this for us though :)

Soldato
Made the swap to a logitech g502 after my mx518 died can recommend it it's very similar feeling the two micro mouse buttons to left of where your index finger rests were being accidentally hit at first but it soon becomes natural not to hit them by mistake besides you can disable them

can recommend to anyone looking for a close replacement feels very similar and a natural fit to me
I made the mistake of buying the 502 last year to replace my broken 518. It's bad. Had to repair the 518 instead and shove the 502 in a drawer as a spare.

The G502 is nothing like the MX518. At all. The wheel on the 502 is way too raised up from the shell. The buttons are also completely different. And it's a different shape. And it's smaller. And lacks the buttons by the wheel. :D

C64

C64

Soldato
I made the mistake of buying the 502 last year to replace my broken 518. It's bad. Had to repair the 518 instead and shove the 502 in a drawer as a spare.

The G502 is nothing like the MX518. At all. The wheel on the 502 is way too raised up from the shell. The buttons are also completely different. And it's a different shape. And it's smaller. And lacks the buttons by the wheel. :D
hmm i found it similar and an easy transition you sure talking about the g502 ? as it does have buttons near the wheel ?

Soldato
I've just managed to find and buy "new but old stock" "Logitech MX Revolution laser wireless mouse" for £45 and these are £150 -£200 if you buy them new normally. The same with the MX1000, crazy price new... I still prefer the MX1000, but the MX Revolution is a good 2nd though..

Mice in those days were built better, even the packaging was impressive... But mice dont come close for build quality and looks nowadays, I guess its more about making money now and cutting a few corners here and there.... But saying that, I have just had the "MX Master 2S" Mouse in light gray and that looks well tidy. But the surface is totally rubbish as it stains after a few days of using it, it goes a brown dirty colour and no matter how much you clean it, it wont come clean.. So I return that rubbish mouse, as I couldn't be doing with it looking dirty.

Last edited:
Soldato
I received the mx revolution mouse today, and it is brand spanking new, sealed up and everything.....But iit wont charge, its just flashing red when its in the cradle. Im guessing it must have been stored away 10+years and the battery has gotten too flat to charge up. But tomorrow I'll open it up and clean the contacts and stuff, maybe that will bring it to life, or its a new battery?

Associate
Still no sign of this officially releasing in the UK.. 35 quid from china is alright i guess especially when most gaming mice are going north of £50 these days

Not sure what I paid for the og mx518 a decade ago, £20-25 I think

Associate
So bit the bullet and switched out my current MX 518 with the legendary MX 518. Ordered off the auction site (despatched from China) on 24 May and arrived today (2nd June). A bit battered but sealed packaging however product in new condition. As the pics suggest, nicer to use a cleaner mouse!

Associate
So bit the bullet and switched out my current MX 518 with the legendary MX 518. Ordered off the auction site (despatched from China) on 24 May and arrived today (2nd June). A bit battered but sealed packaging however product in new condition. As the pics suggest, nicer to use a cleaner mouse!

Can you disable the two buttons either side of the mouse wheel? They really got on my nerves so I ripped them out on both of my mice :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom