Rugby union?

Soldato
That was amazing heartstopping stuff. Scotland were amazing in the second half. England look so weak when they lose momentum and unplayable when they have it. I think we can agree that was the best match of the tournament.

Soldato
Not by a mile, England are average at best and overconfident and been found out twice...
Kind of inclined to agree there best is much better than anyone else in 6N but there worst is really poor and they seem incapable of cutting out the bad and keeping the good. They’re not going to win anything unless they can change that.

Associate
Wales were amazing , when they turn it on like that they are the best team in the northern hemisphere by far! FairPlay to Scotland what a comeback!

Soldato
Congratulations to England for playing almost well enough to win.

O, and well done Wales for the Grand Slam. Ardderchog hogia. :D

Soldato
As I've stated numerous times England's defensive structure has been found out far to quickly and is very easy to beat with speed from the contact. England are short track bully's and go to pieces when someone stands up to them.

I still predict they will not make it out of their world Cup group, France will not be any where near as bad and always find something for world cups and Argentina will have the pace and handling to shift the ball into England's weak outside defence quickly.

Rob Baxter can't get the England job quick enough for me.

Last edited:
Soldato
The boys in the pub were in fine voice yesterday. I managed to record a couple of small bits amid the chaos. What an afternoon! :D

Soldato
OP
So we won the league (2nds team, which is me), had the last game, after we'd already secured it, on Saturday. Had (still have) a cold, sore back, achy rib (right hand side), but thought it's the last game of the season, so why not.

Easily ahead in the game, 70th minute, I make a decent carry and get landed on by the biggest guy on our team, hear some noises, and now suspect I've picked up a few cracked ribs (other side). Joyful way to finish the season :D.

Had great fun playing again though, and enjoying the front row, so will definitely be back at it next season :D.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
So we won the league (2nds team, which is me), had the last game, after we'd already secured it, on Saturday. Had (still have) a cold, sore back, achy rib (right hand side), but thought it's the last game of the season, so why not.

Easily ahead in the game, 70th minute, I make a decent carry and get landed on by the biggest guy on our team, hear some noises, and now suspect I've picked up a few cracked ribs (other side). Joyful way to finish the season :D.

Had great fun playing again though, and enjoying the front row, so will definitely be back at it next season :D.

If it's the last game, you've got a couple of months until pre-season, so all good :D

Well done on winning your league!!!

Soldato
Folau is a massive loss for Australia but very brave of ARU to stick to their guns this close to the World Cup, I can think of plenty of other Unions who would be a little more "Mercenary" over the affair.

Cracking game between Chiefs and Wasps yesterday, Shields and Hughes finally stepped up for the first time this season and showed what might have been for Wasps if they weren't a bunch of Rugby Ronin's going after the highest payday. Very odd season where you can go from 8th to 5th and European Rugby in one game but have every chance of dropping back out of the European places the next time you play.

Soldato
OP
Great from Wasps. Hughes went well against Wuss as well, thankfully wants to go out on a high by the looks of it. 2 weeks Wasps have gone from relegation potential, to top 4 potential. Insane league this season. Shields definitely showed up very well.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Folau is a massive loss for Australia but very brave of ARU to stick to their guns this close to the World Cup, I can think of plenty of other Unions who would be a little more "Mercenary" over the affair.

Cracking game between Chiefs and Wasps yesterday, Shields and Hughes finally stepped up for the first time this season and showed what might have been for Wasps if they weren't a bunch of Rugby Ronin's going after the highest payday. Very odd season where you can go from 8th to 5th and European Rugby in one game but have every chance of dropping back out of the European places the next time you play.

You are right that it would be tempting to brush the Falau issue under the rug, but this is the second time this has happened, and there is talk that there was a clause in his current contract not post socially unacceptable comments online due to his past indiscretion. Also, the CEO of Quantas, the primary financial supporter or ARU, is openly gay, so I am sure Quantas are keen to see ARU do the right thing (don't get me wrong, even if he wasn't gay, I'd hope Quantas would still expect ARU to do the right thing, but my point is about biting the hand that feeds you).

Back
Top Bottom