Favourite music in a game

Pet Northerner
Don
Anything from, TES Oblivion or Skyrim really. Streets of Whiterun is just fantastic. Jeremy Soul is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/_34gUVqLkAo

Agreed. That man can do no wrong.

The Oblivion OST is one of my favorites.

Apart from that, I enjoy most music from the 8 and 16 bit era. Castle of illusions soundtrack makes me especially nostalgic though - Like I can vividly remember going into the shop to buy it as a kid.

Associate
For nostalgia, the original Doom midi tunes. For overall genius, everything from The Last of Us... can't imagine the game without it.

Yet another game I have for the Ps4 that I bought and never ever played which given the almost universal glowing praise I really should get round to, particularlly given I have had to RMA my PC GPU so I cannot really play games on it at the moment. Ideal opportunity I guess.

Soldato
The entire MGS soundtrack is utterly superb.

The first few Hitman games with scores by Jesper Kyd were excellent too, some really interesting tracks in those that you wouldn't immediately associate with a game like Hitman but they were so well.

Associate
OP
Yet another game I have for the Ps4 that I bought and never ever played which given the almost universal glowing praise I really should get round to, particularlly given I have had to RMA my PC GPU so I cannot really play games on it at the moment. Ideal opportunity I guess.

Yeah TLOU score is beautiful. Similar to The Witcher 3 it complements the scenery, atmosphere, locations perfectly. Wonderful game; probably my fav game of all time (remastered version).

Soldato
If Rockstar would do another GTA set in the Vice City era, but with modern gameplay, I would be so very happy. The whole soundtrack to that game was superb - whereas for the modern ones there's generally only one or two of the radio stations which are any good.

Oh - although it ruins the immersion a little, they also need to have an option to have the music not reliant on being in a car.

Associate
Arabian Knights on the Amiga.....never forgotten that catchy tune.

Columns for Megadrive, still play this game even now. Love the music.

SNES version of F-Zero, track one. Played it so many times the music is stuck.

More recently the music in Ori and the Blind Forest captured the game brilliantly.

Associate
Ultima 7 - The Black Gate. I went into this game, impulse purchase and never knowing anything about the Ultima universe, all I knew it according to the system specs my PC would run it! It was my first RPG game. The haunting music really set the mood for the (dark) plot - wow, drew me in!
GTA Vice City
Silent Hill
Betrayal at Krondor (Midi)
Mafia

Back
Top Bottom