Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Just the usual Athlete V spec, 1JZGTE single turbo. Love it, great car but the list of JDM things to try is long so its going up for sale to make way for an Evo Wagon or ISF

Tried to find a place for it in the "family" but no joy, such a good car. It was awesome for the NC500

Soldato
Just the usual Athlete V spec, 1JZGTE single turbo. Love it, great car but the list of JDM things to try is long so its going up for sale to make way for an Evo Wagon or ISF

Tried to find a place for it in the "family" but no joy, such a good car. It was awesome for the NC500

You are working your way through them :D I quite liked that Suzuki Kei that you had a while back :)

OcUK Staff
Did you get it in the 10's?

Also G18 WTF is no more? :eek:

It is on retention, I like the YEL plate, it suits the car and if the Police ever do get moody about lack of front plate a 5 character plate will fit easier on the front in the little space than a 6 character one. But I did 600 miles at the weekend, overtook plenty of police cars, plenty overtook me and plenty spotted the car out and about, they never said a thing. If anything they just give a look of that is nice.

WTF for now won't make an appearance, I could place it on Clio but hardly seems worthwhile and the M3 has well an M3 plate, so again seems pointless.

I should maybe advertise the YEL plate for £1000 and see if anyone buys it, then I guess it would be worthwhile as a grand in my pocket if it sold.....

I appreciate that's a modern Ferrari but you know it's going to be a timeless design.

F430 was always one of my favourite Ferrari's to look at, F40 too, but the 458 has really won me over, the design is so clean with so many good lines and curves, to be honest Ferrari excel with design and class in their cars so they never age as it is and the 458 was built using modern technologies so in theory will age even better.

Also someone do me a quick calculation, £80, £1.20 per litre, got me around 300 miles of mainly motorway, so how poor is that mpg? :D

Soldato
Also someone do me a quick calculation, £80, £1.20 per litre, got me around 300 miles of mainly motorway, so how poor is that mpg? :D

£1.20 goes into £80 roughly 66 times, hence 66 litres was put in.

66 litres/4.546 = 14.5 gallons.

300 miles/14.5 gallons = 20.6mpg.

Unless my math is wrong, this seems... good? :)

OcUK Staff
£1.20 goes into £80 roughly 66 times, hence 66 litres was put in.

66 litres/4.546 = 14.5 gallons.

300 miles/14.5 gallons = 20.6mpg.

Unless my math is wrong, this seems... good? :)

OK I was thinking 20-22mpg, its not bad, but in comparison, similar driving would net 35-36mpg in the SVR and around 35mpg in the Mustang.
The Ferrari literally turns fuel into noise. :D

OcUK Staff
But Gibbo, Santa Pod, what time? :p

pod.jpg

I got three runs.

First run: LC enabled, traction off, auto inertia shift mode! Unfortunately it blew the tyres off, felt like I was on ice, track was 6c and felt like was wet, as such the car sat in 1st gear and failed to auto upshift due to spin. Run was ruined, others said and bikers said there was zero grip.
Second run: Race mode TC, no LC, manual shifts. Car hooked fine, big improvement! Two Up!
Third run: TC OFF, tried LC in staging, got wheel hop, so decided not to use it, so ran without LC and again manual shifting. Two Up, best run of day.

As it was busy and we wanted to do other things for the day, we headed off, I feel the LC, intertia shift and an effort to have less weight, one up, no luggage I feel a very low 11 or high 10 is possible, they have run 10.8@130 stock, but with LC and inertia shifting enabled.

Overall I am happy, when it hooks up its as quick as the SVR off the line and on the road it hooks up every time without issue with LC and once rolling its certainly quicker than SVR and above 100 considerably faster. Which for an NA RWD car is impressive. :)

OcUK Staff
Very nice! :) What 1/4 mile times did you get in the SVR for comparison?

I think an 11.3 two-up with some other stuff in the car is pretty good going!

After discovering the best settings, weight reduction the SVR ran 11.4-11.7 on first attempts, with the practice and getting best settings, was around 11.2, the filters and weight reduction got the 11.1

Confident LC and inertia shift will net me enough to see maybe a 10.9 run :)

OcUK Staff
Awesome. I assumed the SVR was quicker than the Fezza in a straight line.

No the Ferrari is, on the street the LC hooks up, so 0-60 is more or less identical around 3.0s flat, past 60mph the Ferrari is quite a bit faster rolling, a combination of even quicker gearbox and around 300kg less weight, less transmission loss etc.

SVR however much quicker if conditions damp or wet due to AWD off the line.

Soldato
Yeah sorry - terrible pic. But the real pic was even worse :) :) as it was a cloudy, cold day in Texas. But that was great for a low DA (if you know how that helps)

Just look at the tire :)

Video here

It was with a new rear tire setup (17s and 315 50 17s Mickey Thompson Street Rs) and my first hit

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom