What is your favourite meal of all time?

Associate
Hard to beat Christmas dinner, but I've never been able to escape my yearning for gammon, pineapple, chips & peas, followed by lemon meringue pie. It was my childhood birthday meal and is still my birthday treat to myself.

You Sir are a monster!

Everytime I make cottage pie, which is basically slop with potatoes, I end up eating about 5 portions of it. It's just pure comfort food so I'll go with that, mostly because I had it last night and ate enough of it to sink a whale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
So i read the title and I knew instanly my response, i then read first few pages and though eh maybe i have misunderstood the question. So I am just going to give my first response! :)

My favourite meal of all time by Mrs Seabiscuit aged 32 and 3/4 :D

8 years ago myself and @seabiscuit along with his parents went to the lovely island of Malta!
We happened upon a lovely little seaside restaurant/cafe type place and as it was literally on the sea front we decided to go in.
Found a table right next to the ocean, parasol up sun beating down and water gently hitting the wall just beside our table, there were also little fishes swimming by us too.
The food was amazing fresh prawns and a nice zesty lemon sorbet for desert.

Although food was amazing it really was the whole setting and being with my then boyfriend and his parents :p

8lTCx36.jpg

Caporegime
Hard to pick just one but the first that comes to mind is probably curry, most likely a chicken madras or something semi/hot. :)

Associate
favourite hangover cure in terms of food is a roll and square sausage, tattie scone (a cheeky wee egg on top is good if there is one lying about) and glass bottle of Irn Bru. Or as we call it in Scotland, breakfast.

Soldato
Roast Pork (from a particular butcher in France) with crackling, dauphinoise/Gratin and some veg.

or

Duck confit with Pommes Sarladaises.

It would be a very tough choice between those too.

Man of Honour
vesta curry and artic roll, now that is a blast from the past.Not sure about eating them these days, but they sure were good at the time.
And not forgetting the good old baked alaska mum used to make :)
It was absolutely dire to be honest, world has moved on but in the 70's TV dinners were just terrible but I recall meat, fruit and veg being REALLY tasty compared to todays supermarket foods in the main.

Back
Top Bottom