**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
For those who are saying that they 'never use the selfie camera' do you also not use/want to use face unlock?

I just decided to go with the 6T (as an upgrade for my old and now broken OP3) as I love the speed and convenience of face unlock alongside the FPS. Surely this will be hopeless with a motorised pop-up camera?
I found face unlock really annoying, I disabled it. When I'm reading notifications on my lockscreen I hated face unlock unlocking the phone so what I'm reading disappears to be replaced by my homescreen then I have to swipe down again to get back to my notifications I was reading.

Soldato
I just wonder what their justification for not including the 3.5mm jack will be this time (can't see one on any of the leaks I've seen), now that they managed to put a motorised selfie camera into the body of the phone. You know, other than selling you the wireless Bullets at x4 the price of wired ones.

Soldato
I'm glad I went for the mate 20 pro and didn't wait for the OP7, my OP3T was a brilliant phone and the software is much better than EMUI, however on my mate 20 pro I probably use face unlock 50% of the time, it's incredibly handy for when I've got gloves and a helmet and sunglasses on when mountain biking, it still unlocks with no problem.

I've used the selfie camera twice in about 3-4 years but the pop up camera for face unlock would be a massive negative point for me. Tbh, I don't even mind the notch on the mate 20 pro as I know it's actually full of stuff and not just big for no reason! :D

Soldato
I just wonder what their justification for not including the 3.5mm jack will be this time (can't see one on any of the leaks I've seen), now that they managed to put a motorised selfie camera into the body of the phone. You know, other than selling you the wireless Bullets at x4 the price of wired ones.

I'm going to miss the headphone jack on my OnePlus 6 but it isn't a deal breaker for me.

Associate
I found face unlock really annoying, I disabled it. When I'm reading notifications on my lockscreen I hated face unlock unlocking the phone so what I'm reading disappears to be replaced by my homescreen then I have to swipe down again to get back to my notifications I was reading.

You just need to disable "Auto unlock once the screen is on" and it'll unlock but not switch to the homescreen (either selecting a notification or swiping up will then take you to the app/homescreen) :)

Must say I much prefer the teardrop on my OnePlus 6t to a pop up camera. Not that I take a huge amount of selfies, but face unlock is brilliant!

Permabanned
It's probably going to cost £550-600 and features the same old OLED display, no headphone jack, notch of some kind, a camera that looks good on paper but actually sucks, no wireless charging, no water resistance, a mono speaker and everyone will still buy it. :o

Soldato
It's probably going to cost £550-600 and features the same old OLED display, no headphone jack, notch of some kind, a camera that looks good on paper but actually sucks, no wireless charging, no water resistance, a mono speaker and everyone will still buy it. :o

I've been doing a lot of research into Android phones recently and I honestly can't think of anything that I would want to replace my OnePlus 6 with at the moment so I'm just holding off until this is announced although I'll probably wait another year since the OnePlus 6 does everything I need including playing the new games I like.

Soldato

Same old OLED , OLED even if its not the latest is still very good. No, no notch. Camera ,that's all relative , for me it doesn't suck and for my needs is good enough . Mono speaker ,yes could be better but good enough for me and I listen to the mono speaker quite a lot!

Last edited:
Soldato
The price is approaching S10e money (via looking for deals and discounts given it'll be a few months after release). They need to up their game now with stereo speakers and a better camera/s.

Soldato
Ee said "a few pound more"
Im hoping three don't charge extra, like they did with 3g to 4g.
I'm not willing to pay extra for it.

I'm on Virgin Mobile. That is just EE?

As for 5G initially, I was looking forward to it as it would provide a decent fallback service if my home broadband went down, but after thinking about it for a while, I've decided to hold off as it will take a significant amount of time for 5G to roll out in my area I imagine.

Soldato
As for 5G initially, I was looking forward to it as it would provide a decent fallback service if my home broadband went down, but after thinking about it for a while, I've decided to hold off as it will take a significant amount of time for 5G to roll out in my area I imagine.

It wouldn't though, unless you get something with a good tethering plan and unlimited data. I go through at least 10-20GB a day at home.

Anyway this Pro looks interesting though i don't like the look of curved screens they just look like one of them features for the sake of it and don't actually add anything.

Soldato
Ee said "a few pound more"
Im hoping three don't charge extra, like they did with 3g to 4g.
I'm not willing to pay extra for it.

Looking at EE's rollout schedule, I don't even live in the second phase cities towards the end of 2019 so as before, at the moment 5g ranks pretty low on my priorities in a phone :D

Back
Top Bottom