Diablo and Elder Scrolls coming to mobile!

Soldato
I'll probably play both of these for some casual fun. I tend to enjoy mobile gaming more than sitting in front of my PC these days for some odd reason. Same reason I love my Nintendo 2DS XL.

Associate
Blizzcon is where the biggest fans of the games go, its full of fanatics who love gaming on PC and long for the days where a Diablo game has the depth and fun of Diablo 2. What on earth did Blizzard expect? Shows how clueless they are to their audience.
I'm not sure what the fans expected either. Diablo III was a shadow of its former self and the writing was already on the wall even years before that with the dumbing down of WoW (pandas and other such casualization). We now have superior action RPGs in the form of Grim Dawn and Path of Exile.

We don't need a new Diablo; the Devs that worked on the original games are long gone and Blizzard has been a terrible company for something like a decade. That's more than enough time for an ardent PC gamer to decide not to attend their crappy conventions and they've only got themselves to blame if they came away disappointed.

Associate
OP
Only played Blades for about 30 mins before uninstalling. It not really an Elder Scrolls games, just a base building game with on rails dungeons. The 3D controls on a phone were horrible, spent half my time staring at a wall and the combat seemed mindless button bashing. It also heavy on the loot boxes, which is a major turn off.

Soldato
I'm quite enjoying Blades tbh. I went in expecting a naff freemium monetised to all hell type game, not Skyrim Mobile, and was slightly pleasantly surprised. Its my new time waster but isn't going to replace Vice City any time soon

Soldato
I was playing this but the recent update which added a login screen to Bethesda.net does not seem to want to log me in even though the same account and password work on my Windows 10 machine. Very annoying as I was quite enjoying playing Blades.

Soldato
I was playing this but the recent update which added a login screen to Bethesda.net does not seem to want to log me in even though the same account and password work on my Windows 10 machine. Very annoying as I was quite enjoying playing Blades.

if you haven't tried it for a while, I don't have a log in screen on mine any more, so maybe a recent update removed it?

I'm finding the grind / economy just about barable. The fact the shop (smithy) doesn't have any money, repairing / tempering doesn't put money in his bank, the timers for tempering blocking out repairing at hte smithy means it's quite frustrating. I won't ever pay real money for gems to speed the process up, but it hasn't made me drop the game yet.

The basic gameplay is quite well done, and I can dream that they'll make some kind of version of Oblivion for mobile that uses similar combat with the open world. PRiced at £5 with no freemium ********, like Rockstar games.

Associate
Its shows they think with their wallets like most businesses. It's a predominantly pc gaming company why they thought mobile gaming being their big announcement for the year would go down well beggars belief...

I was so disappointed with diablo 3 after hearing how good the others where. And then I had to complete the game several times to get my character to a level of competence for the end game stuff... and the story didnt continue from diablo 2 its just got retold.

Back
Top Bottom