The Division 2 - March 2019

Associate
Brute force? Capacity is cheap though, although I can appreciate not everyone has lots of capacity - However, I'd prefer to allow the pagefile to keep growing, rather than my system to crash (if an app is having a memory leak) - pagefile size resets upon reboot anyway.
I can't see why anyone running a desktop machine at home, would want to set it to anything other than system managed - unless they have a TINY system disk with loads of RAM. Then again, if you're running big 'new' games, like TD2, which have potential memory leaks, then you're going to be crashing more often than you would with a larger automatic pagefile.

Associate
Brute force? Capacity is cheap though, although I can appreciate not everyone has lots of capacity - However, I'd prefer to allow the pagefile to keep growing, rather than my system to crash (if an app is having a memory leak) - pagefile size resets upon reboot anyway.
I can't see why anyone running a desktop machine at home, would want to set it to anything other than system managed - unless they have a TINY system disk with loads of RAM. Then again, if you're running big 'new' games, like TD2, which have potential memory leaks, then you're going to be crashing more often than you would with a larger automatic pagefile.
To stop unnecessary writes on an nvme drive perhaps?

Associate
To stop unnecessary writes on an nvme drive perhaps?

How are you going to stop a write? It'll just replace older data with the new data (fifo). If you want to restrict writes, move the pagefile to another disk. Reducing IO on an NVMe is insane, if it was an HDD, which is limited to roughly 100 IOPS - that may be fair, but your average NVMe disk can do roughly 0.5 > 1milion IOPS.

Associate
So finally hit 30 last night. Any tips on what to start with or is it a matter of picking a build and farm for it?

I would say pick a play style and roughly gear for it to give your build a bit of synergy, you don't wanna commit to a strict build straight away as you're still going to be swapping out things regularly as you move towards World Tier 5.

Make sure to keep the good bits of gear you have and store them in the stash, you can then use them later to re-calibrate the higher gear score items with better rolls/perks.

Think of World tier 1-5 as simply being level 31-35 with some slightly gated missions.

Soldato
I would say pick a play style and roughly gear for it to give your build a bit of synergy, you don't wanna commit to a strict build straight away as you're still going to be swapping out things regularly as you move towards World Tier 5.

Make sure to keep the good bits of gear you have and store them in the stash, you can then use them later to re-calibrate the higher gear score items with better rolls/perks.

Think of World tier 1-5 as simply being level 31-35 with some slightly gated missions.
thanks a lot, ill continue to finish off the areas with SHDs and side missions

Im still only level 14 i need to get a move on :D

If you need a hand I don't mind helping out

Soldato
Query on this, is that keep any good bits of gear despite it being a lower gear score? If so can you expand on that, my understanding was that you can recalibrate to add some stats or perks to a different item - but I don't see the benefit of doing this with lower level equipment when you can just find the perks on new/up to date equipment and get a bigger bonus?
I'll confess I've not really played about with the calibratiion much however, barely even bothering with mods to my gear as I'm getting replacement gear every 10 minutes or so as I work up through the tiers. Up to a gear score of just over 400 now.

Associate
Query on this, is that keep any good bits of gear despite it being a lower gear score? If so can you expand on that, my understanding was that you can recalibrate to add some stats or perks to a different item - but I don't see the benefit of doing this with lower level equipment when you can just find the perks on new/up to date equipment and get a bigger bonus?
I'll confess I've not really played about with the calibratiion much however, barely even bothering with mods to my gear as I'm getting replacement gear every 10 minutes or so as I work up through the tiers. Up to a gear score of just over 400 now.

I've not messed around too much, it's mainly being carrying over favorable perks, which has made a big difference for me. From what I've seen you can only replace perks that are of the same type so to speak.

For example I've been using an LMG with a perk in the first slot that increases damage by 25%, but reduces handling by 35%. I then look for suitable replacement LMGs that drop with the second or third perk that boost handling by 15% and re-calibrate them, replacing the first slot with the +25% damage perk -35% handling perk form my old gun, thereby keeping my damage buff and reducing it's penalty at the same time. The perks give the same bonuses all the way through the game, I've been doing that since around level 20 after I found the perk on a purple LMG, it's carried with me all the way to ~GS460. So even if the gear is lower level the perk can still be valuable to keep for later use.

I think it's a case of spotting which bits of gear have good perks and/or good stats that you can either switch to or stash away ready to re-calibrate better rolling gear later on.

Probably better to watch a video like below that will explain things in a little more detail:

Soldato
i'm at WT5, 490 gear score, not sure on what way to go yet, i think i like lmg best but have tried to learn to snipe.

i've been trying to stack some skill power and am at about 2300 but have since read that its not that useful at the moment.

currently gathering a few set pieces and farming 500gs gear.

got 1 stronghold to do.

Associate
Found LMG (M60) today,nearly 30K dmg,perfect talents,rips through any level NPC's like there is no tomorrow.Need to build around and will be set for raid.
Crazy damage,and talents perfect for my style as well (bar firs 3-5 bullets due to talent)

Back
Top Bottom