*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
From Nintendo Life:

Nintendo of Europe has revealed that it will be hosting a 'Blockbuster' sale from Thursday 11th April, giving fans a chance to pick up some top games for very tasty prices.

The sale will be taking place from 11th April until Thursday 25th April, with all offers available directly from the eShop itself. Nintendo says that "a wide range" of titles will be featured, including those listed below. At present, it's unknown whether this sale or similar offerings will also be appearing in North America (but you could always use a European eShop account if not).

Nintendo Switch

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...rts_11th_april_up_to_60_percent_off_top_games

Tbh I'm more interested to know what indie games get a discount because the default prices on the above start too high (£49.99 for MHGU really?). Good for those wanting first party games digital though.

Last edited:
Soldato
You have to admit. Nintendo has some of the best eShop sales compared to Sony and Microsoft.
I know Ninty games hold their prices but when do you ever really see the latest COD on offer on Sony or Microsoft store? Or any of the COD map packs from years ago. Never

Associate
Anyone played any of the Phoenix Wright games? Are they decent? Thinking about picking up the trilogy for my holiday next week.
A lot of fun if you're into puzzle/mystery/investigation solving and fun re-imagination of what being a defender/barrister is like in a court. I'm thinking of picking the trilogy up somepoint myself as i've never played them myself but lot of my friends recommend it.

As for the upcoming sale..only games that may peak my interest is Mario, Monster hunter and octopath traveler.

fez

fez

Caporegime
You have to admit. Nintendo has some of the best eShop sales compared to Sony and Microsoft.
I know Ninty games hold their prices but when do you ever really see the latest COD on offer on Sony or Microsoft store? Or any of the COD map packs from years ago. Never

Really, I've always felt the opposite. Nintendo prices all of their first party games at the very top end and even with discounts they are still only OK value for people on a budget. They have only just started discounting their main titles as well which have a very high attachment rate so they are just picking off the people that might not buy them normally.

Zelda is still £42 with the discount
Mario Odyssey is £40

Then a lot of the other games on that list are simply overpriced massively compared to their counterparts on PS4/XB1. Doom is basically a £10 game now. Switch? £50. Skyrim is the same, £50. Unless these game are discounted 70% or so I'm not paying their ridiculous Switch tax. People who do are just encouraging these companies to take the **** with their ports of old games.

Soldato
Is Mario Odyssey £59.99 on the store? Can't check now at work.

When I got the 33% off of Mario Kart, Splatoon 2 and ARMS they were all £49.99 knocked down to £33.

A lot of fun if you're into puzzle/mystery/investigation solving and fun re-imagination of what being a defender/barrister is like in a court. I'm thinking of picking the trilogy up somepoint myself as i've never played them myself but lot of my friends recommend it.

Cheers. I think I might bite. Sounds a lot different to anything I've played before and I know people love the series.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Is Mario Odyssey £59.99 on the store? Can't check now at work.

When I got the 33% off of Mario Kart, Splatoon 2 and ARMS they were all £49.99 knocked down to £33.

Cheers. I think I might bite. Sounds a lot different to anything I've played before and I know people love the series.

You're right, they are £50, not £60. For things like Mario Odyssey and Zelda thats fine but for things like Diablo and Doom its a joke.

Associate
Really, I've always felt the opposite. Nintendo prices all of their first party games at the very top end and even with discounts they are still only OK value for people on a budget. They have only just started discounting their main titles as well which have a very high attachment rate so they are just picking off the people that might not buy them normally.

Zelda is still £42 with the discount
Mario Odyssey is £40

Then a lot of the other games on that list are simply overpriced massively compared to their counterparts on PS4/XB1. Doom is basically a £10 game now. Switch? £50. Skyrim is the same, £50. Unless these game are discounted 70% or so I'm not paying their ridiculous Switch tax. People who do are just encouraging these companies to take the **** with their ports of old games.
That's how I feel as well I really want Skyrim and diablo for the switch but they are not worth £50+ when they've been out since ~2013 and can be had for a tenner or less on other platforms

Back
Top Bottom