What is the oldest game you still play & install today?

Soldato
Half Life and Paradroid 90 (via winuae).

Paradroid 90 is bloody superb, a fantastic port of the 8bit classic.

I would love a reboot of that today, indeed 10 years or so ago there was a reboot planned iirc but it was shelved. Obviously this would not be some £39.99 premium title but i have to believe there is space in the market and would be financially viable for games like Paradroid as a budget title

Soldato
Amen to that. Had many many great hours playing this when i was 15. That's what battlefield needs to go back to, a huge sandbox map with lots of vehicles and just let people play!

Another fan here - used to love the scale of the old BF games rather than plonking everyone in the same chunk of space!

I remember playing BF1942 and getting a call from a mate in a certain grid reference and going to pick him up in a huge bomber by landing on the desert! :D

Associate
Paradroid 90 is bloody superb, a fantastic port of the 8bit classic.

I would love a reboot of that today, indeed 10 years or so ago there was a reboot planned iirc but it was shelved. Obviously this would not be some £39.99 premium title but i have to believe there is space in the market and would be financially viable for games like Paradroid as a budget title

Funnily enough he tweeted today that he's just finished paying his mortgage. On a house that the deposit was funded by royalties from 'Uridium'! He's still programming, wonder if he'd be interested in a game with a title like.."Paradroid 2020" hmmm :)

Soldato
Funnily enough he tweeted today that he's just finished paying his mortgage. On a house that the deposit was funded by royalties from 'Uridium'! He's still programming, wonder if he'd be interested in a game with a title like.."Paradroid 2020" hmmm :)

i would buy it. (assuming it captured the essence of the original)

Soldato
Alien Breed and Unreal are the 2 I always go back too, Hexen as well is another good one.
I can certainly get behind all of those. (Alien breed 2 was much better imo however esp if you had the Amiga AGA or CD32 version)

The alien breed reboot on PC and Xbox 360 is ok btw. Not as good as the over head original but enjoyable non the less

Man of Honour
I was playing Morrowind for a few weeks recently, and I've also been playing the original UT. I install the original Dungeon Keeper on any new build, and usually play it (although the low res makes it hard work). But beating that by a long way; every now and then I start playing Nethack again. Not ascended in any version later than 3.1 though...:(

Back
Top Bottom