Sunglasses - for your optical delight

Soldato
It is about that time when I need to renew my sunglasses. My previous pair - Oakley Bottlecaps - have served me well for around 12yrs, but they are worn, scratched and have taken a hammering. In this period, Oakley have since stopped making them.

My question is, does anyone know of a similar style of shades that they could recommend?

Due to my face/head, these styles are the only glasses that actually suit me!

Soldato
Anyone got any recommendations for the darkest (i.e. lets the least light in) sunglasses? Probably not looking to spend over £30. The ones in Sainsbury's are £16-£20ish.
Do you actually want to cut down on the amount of light entering your eyes or the glare? I always go for polarised along with UV protection and find that while some of the ones I've owned aren't dark, decent polarising glasses really cut down on glare and the overall 'brightness' of light/reflective surfaces as my eyes are sensitive to glare.

Associate
I got some Duco sunglasses for a holiday last year, wanted a reasonably priced pair that I didn't mind getting a bit beaten up. They look like the oakleys from a quick google and come in various lens colours. Very happy with them, got the ones in the link and some aviator style ones. Sturdy build quality and the polarisation really helped with glare which I am susceptible to.

e: removed link, not sure if allowed. Duco driving style sunglasses off of Amazon

Man of Honour
I got some Duco sunglasses for a holiday last year, wanted a reasonably priced pair that I didn't mind getting a bit beaten up. They look like the oakleys from a quick google and come in various lens colours. Very happy with them, got the ones in the link and some aviator style ones. Sturdy build quality and the polarisation really helped with glare which I am susceptible to.

e: removed link, not sure if allowed. Duco driving style sunglasses off of Amazon
As ocuk don't sell shades the link would be fine

Man of Honour
I really recommend the polarised prizm sunglasses from Oakley. Really very good indeed with your prescription in them. I prefer them to my normal glasses.

Got me some Holbrook XLs with the wood frames. Look awesome, everything looks better than my standard glasses due to the prizm contrast. Just awesome. Expensive though.

RX sport is the website I used.

Back
Top Bottom