I was blind, now I can see...

Soldato
Just went from a 5yr old 24in 1080p to a 27 inch 4K IPS with 40-60hz Freesync & fully working G-Sync compatibility.

HOLY CRAP!!!

..and best of all, only the very smallest amount of light bleed/IPS glow in the bottom right corner.

After 4 attempts at trying to get a decent 27 inch 1440p 144Hz IPS & VA 'gaming' panel, all of which had the usual problems associated with both types of screen, I thought, no more, fed up with the hassle of returns, I'd roll the dice and go for a decent 4K panel, just to see if the 4K image clarity would compensate for the loss of high refresh rates...and it sure as hell does.

Batman Arkham Knight, Project Cars2, Doom and others at 4K, highest settings on my 2080 are just stunning. The 40-60Hz Freesync range is just right for the capabilities of my 2080 at 4K settings in games that push it slightly too hard and drop the frame rate below 60fps.

I've come to the conclusion that all these so called 'gaming' monitors are low quality garbage that only command the premium prices because they rely on the PC gamers willingness to throw absurd amounts of money at what they believe to be a superior product.

Now I've seen one in action, I'll take a game running at a native 4K over 144Hz any day of the week and twice on Sundays until manufacturers buck up their ideas when it comes to QC on their gaming panels.

Associate
I fear you might be in the minority when it comes to 4k/60hz vs 1440p/144hz, with most preferring the latter. I only went from 60 hz myself to 100 hz recently @ 3440x1440, and I can respect the 60 hz gaming experience in retrospect when having never seen anything faster. That you were able to readjust to 60 hz after having 144 hz is pretty rare though. Personally I'm now wondering if 100 hz is fast enough and if I should have gone for 120 hz/144 hz - which is a far cry from considering going back to 60 hz.

Back
Top Bottom