• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Associate
Well took the plunge and ordered one of these, arriving Monday.

I assume it will work in a PCIe 2.0 slot for the time being.

Running a i5-2500k at the moment but going to upgrade to Ryzen 3rd gen when they are released.

I know it will be bottled necked but still better than a 450gts

Caporegime
Well took the plunge and ordered one of these, arriving Monday.

I assume it will work in a PCIe 2.0 slot for the time being.

Running a i5-2500k at the moment but going to upgrade to Ryzen 3rd gen when they are released.

I know it will be bottled necked but still better than a 450gts
Make sure you upgrade that CPU as soon as you can. A Ryzen 6/8 core CPU with 3200Mhz DDR4 memory would be a good match, or an Intel equivalent if you prefer.

Associate
Make sure you upgrade that CPU as soon as you can. A Ryzen 6/8 core CPU with 3200Mhz DDR4 memory would be a good match, or an Intel equivalent if you prefer.

Already decided, hopefully the leaks are true and I'm getting the Ryzen 9 3850x 16 core!

Was also going to get g skill trident z rgb 32gb 3200mhz, but was waiting to see what Ram speeds th me X570 motherboards will accept.

Associate
Well the VII is out of my water cooling system, and the rtx 2080ti is in the loop up and running, 2 things to note, on the rtx I used an EK block with back plate, on the VII I used the Byksk block and it has a much better flow rate than the EK one. plus the RTX EK block was no so easy to bleed the air out of. would be a right pain with solid tubing.
also pleased to report this founders edition has Samsung mem on board, seems the preff memory on the RTX cards. can still here air coming out from loop.

Associate
Well the VII is out of my water cooling system, and the rtx 2080ti is in the loop up and running, 2 things to note, on the rtx I used an EK block with back plate, on the VII I used the Byksk block and it has a much better flow rate than the EK one. plus the RTX EK block was no so easy to bleed the air out of. would be a right pain with solid tubing.
also pleased to report this founders edition has Samsung mem on board, seems the preff memory on the RTX cards. can still here air coming out from loop.

Now for some unbiased benchmarks

Soldato
Mine was attempted delivery with no custom charges as well :), was too lazy to get out of bed so will have to pick it up tomorrow :D
No as still need to get more kit yet so might not be finished for a few weeks yet not really in a rush tbh
Mine is at the local deliver depot, in thinking it will deliver tomorrow...?

Associate
Well guys I have put my VII with water block up for sale in the sale section.

If it wasn’t for a good priced 2080ti it would still be in my machine. Out of all the cards I see the VII as the best option against the 2080ti at half the price and better than a 2080 because of the 16g of hbm2 it has on board. I am sure it will improve further with drivers in the future.

In bench marks the 2080ti is faster in raw speed, dlss and ray tracing isn’t for me. In games the gap isn’t so wide. I game at 1440p and even with the 2080ti I will stick to my 100hz monitor. Another reason for keeping the 2080ti is my monitor is g-sync and another change to free sync I don’t have to do now.

Will of course be monitoring this thread to see how u are all doing with your water blocks fitted. Looking forward to seeing the results.

Back
Top Bottom