*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
I refuse to buy full price digital games even if they are on "sale" at £35... The ONLY advantage to doing so is not having to store the physical media. With Switch they are tiny anyway! It's completely anti-gamer and goes against my hoarding tendancy

Associate
I cant help but think that the resident evil games that are coming on switch are a complete cash grab. £30 per game is crazy!! They should have made it as a collection like crash bandicoot and made it a retail release at £49.99 for the complete set. That i would buy, but cant justify paying the premium for a digital version when you can get them cheaper for other consoles.

Soldato
We have this process debate every 10 or so pages ;)

I've come to accept that I wait for sales on indie games, and full whack games I tend to go physical so I can resell later if they aren't keepers to help get something back.

Man of Honour
I refuse to buy full price digital games even if they are on "sale" at £35... The ONLY advantage to doing so is not having to store the physical media. With Switch they are tiny anyway! It's completely anti-gamer and goes against my hoarding tendancy
Buy them from a different region.

Soldato
I cant help but think that the resident evil games that are coming on switch are a complete cash grab. £30 per game is crazy!! They should have made it as a collection like crash bandicoot and made it a retail release at £49.99 for the complete set. That i would buy, but cant justify paying the premium for a digital version when you can get them cheaper for other consoles.

Agreed. I think Resident Evil Revelations 1 and 2 released at around £15.99 each (digital) and I was happy to pay that for a couple of games that I've never played before. £30 each though is a **** take. As above though, most of us will just wait for them to drop to a lower price, which they inevitably will.

Soldato
If a game is on sale and that sale ends on today's date, will it be removed at 2pm or midnight?

On the fence still with Furi

Hmm not sure about that. I'd guess that it would all probably reset at the refresh at 2 but I don't know for sure.

I played Furi when it was free on PS+ a while back and like most indie PS+ games I dropped it really quickly. It might suit better to the Switch. Personally I don't like boss rush games but some people adore it. Did you buy Sekiro yet? :)

fez

fez

Caporegime
Is there a guide on how to do this? Which is the best region to buy from?

Depends. Prices change from region to region but there are certain ones that are generally cheaper. Russia and South Africa are usually good. Best thing to do is go on https://eshop-prices.com and search for a game you want and it tells you all the different prices. Set your currency to GBP in the dropdown and it will convert all the prices to pounds.

I played Furi when it was free on PS+ a while back and like most indie PS+ games I dropped it really quickly. It might suit better to the Switch. Personally I don't like boss rush games but some people adore it. Did you buy Sekiro yet? :)

Have to say, I almost never played indies when I had a PS4 because the process of booting up and getting into a game just didn't seem worth it but the Switch suits them so well that I reckon 50% of my play time on the Switch is indies.

Soldato
Have to say, I almost never played indies when I had a PS4 because the process of booting up and getting into a game just didn't seem worth it but the Switch suits them so well that I reckon 50% of my play time on the Switch is indies.

Exactly the same for me though I am probably around 70/30 favouring indie. There's no way that I would play something like Celeste on the TV and because of the Switch it's now one of my favourite games ever. It's been amazing discovering all these great indie titles - they can be hit and miss but for the price you can generally just shrug it off and move on if you're not into it. I will probably buy 3 or 4 physical games this year but I know I will buy a lot more indie games than that.

Soldato
If you buy something from the SA store and claim the gold coins. Does it stack with the gold coins you have previously claimed from games in the UK store and from physical games?

Soldato
Hmm not sure about that. I'd guess that it would all probably reset at the refresh at 2 but I don't know for sure.

Thanks :) I don't know, I love a challenge but u have heard this may be a bit much? Though it has just been updated with baby mode... ;)

I'm playing through Sekiro on PS4 and really enjoying it! Yourself?

Man of Honour
Is there a guide on how to do this? Which is the best region to buy from?

Change region on your account, buy the game on the eShop. Change back if you want to have higher prices again.

Use this to find the best region for the game you're interested in: https://eshop-prices.com/prices?currency=GBP

The price you pay depends on your card's exchange rate so use a Halifax One or Revolut card to make the purchase. Canada, USA and Mexico are a bit of a pain to buy from but I've had no issues on all other stores.

If you buy something from the SA store and claim the gold coins. Does it stack with the gold coins you have previously claimed from games in the UK store and from physical games?

No, you have gold points on both the UK store and the SA store. You should always be using all of your gold points for every purchase anyway so it you should only ever have a few quid's worth on any of the stores.

Associate

I agree, i used to get my indie titles on pc, never PS4 but now the switch has come along i always favor the switch for indies now

Soldato
Change region on your account, buy the game on the eShop. Change back if you want to have higher prices again.

Use this to find the best region for the game you're interested in: https://eshop-prices.com/prices?currency=GBP

The price you pay depends on your card's exchange rate so use a Halifax One or Revolut card to make the purchase. Canada, USA and Mexico are a bit of a pain to buy from but I've had no issues on all other stores.

No, you have gold points on both the UK store and the SA store. You should always be using all of your gold points for every purchase anyway so it you should only ever have a few quid's worth on any of the stores.

Thanks a lot. :)

Soldato
PS4 as well. Early on I guess I'm at the butterfly and horse bosses. It's amazing.

Ahh yep! I'm progressing quite slowly as our whole house hold seems to be unwell :D but loving it. I found the horse guy ok, the butterfly was a tough one early on!

Its past 2 and furi is still on offer ;) will see and decide on that when I get home

Back
Top Bottom