Monitor help.

Associate
Hi all i have over the last few months looked at all the monitor panel types and refresh rates and i'm wanting to get a freesnyc to go with my vega 56. I currently have a LG ultrawide IPS 29um65 2560x1080 @60htz. I want to go back to a normal widescreen and i wonder how much smaller the text would be if i went to 1440p on a 27inch. I'm no spring chicken and due an eye test any thoughts on what to go for , are any of the panel types better on the eye than others.
Uses are photo and games FPS mainly with some video editing. Not sure if i should stick to IPS panel or not.

Associate
OP
Went for the Xv272up and i'm very happy with it. The only issue i have is in bf5 colours are all washed out unless i play on hdr then freesync don't work. I'm sure it will be something simple.

Soldato
Went for the Xv272up and i'm very happy with it. The only issue i have is in bf5 colours are all washed out unless i play on hdr then freesync don't work. I'm sure it will be something simple.

Just ordered one of those last night whilst the 12% off discount was running. Are you using a certified cable?

Associate
OP
Just ordered one of those last night whilst the 12% off discount was running. Are you using a certified cable?
I'm using a display port cable that i bought from overclockers back in 2014. The only game with the issue is BF5. Looks washed out unless hdr is on then you can't use freesync , haven't spent much time researching but will do.

Soldato
I'm using a display port cable that i bought from overclockers back in 2014. The only game with the issue is BF5. Looks washed out unless hdr is on then you can't use freesync , haven't spent much time researching but will do.

I wonder if it's to do with running it at 144HZ? ...I read somewhere about the panel giving better colour bit options at 120HZ.

Associate
OP
Have no issues running freesync upto 144 on the display port its an issue with one game only. You don't need 2 cables to run at 144hz but in HDR the freesync is disabled which is normal.

Soldato
Have no issues running freesync upto 144 on the display port its an issue with one game only. You don't need 2 cables to run at 144hz but in HDR the freesync is disabled which is normal.

Can you please share the Monitor OSD settings you use for me? Standard is burning my eyes, but I just can't get it looking right next to my Dell U2715H :(

Back
Top Bottom