• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
1080ti shadow of tomb raider with highest preset & smaa4x

4k ultra ray tracing: 11 fps
4k high ray tracing: 14 fps
4k medium ray tracing: 25 fps

1440p ultra ray tracing: 26 fps
1440p high ray tracing: 29 fps
1440p medium ray tracing: 49 fps (so about the point at which it's ''console" playable)

1080p ultra ray tracing: 40 fps
1080p high ray tracing: 44 fps
1080p medium ray tracing: 73 fps

Can't say I see a huge improvement in picture quality from ray tracing on this game, mind.

4k medium ray tracing gets a lot more playable with AA down to TAA at average 35 fps but some awful minimums on the benchmark test so I guess still unplayable.

Ultra and High are still unattainable even at 1440p (some scenes drop into 20fps). Medium RT with TAA is very playable though.

Last edited:
Soldato
How does it look, is it worth it? I haven't got round to testing yet, also have a GTX1080.
Bit late, but not particular impressive to me. It looks better in some scenes and worse in others IMO. I wouldn't really say it's playable as is on a 1080 with RTX enabled, and certainly not worth dropping from a solid 60fps at 1440p to the mid-20s at 1080p, but it's interesting to be able to see it running live at least.

Caporegime
Come on you lot. This is note worthy news and everyone is dozing. :p

Version 425.31 - WHQL

Only enabling RT on non RT cards....

Gaming Technology
Includes support for DirectX Raytracing (DXR) on GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (and higher) and GeForce GTX 1660 (and higher) GPUs

Here we go, with Nvidia magic, Pascal owners in their droves, now ditching their cards for the RTXs, INCOMING! :D

Permabanned
Here we go, with Nvidia magic, Pascal owners in their droves, now ditching their cards for the RTXs, INCOMING! :D

Would be great to have a card capable of reflections, shadows and global illumination at playable frame rates at a lowly 1440p, but these cards just don't exist yet. I'm sticking with my 1080Ti until something better comes along.

Associate
Latest driver has tanked performance for me (overwatch and csgo mainly) fps drops of ~150 on my setup with a 2080ti.This was after choosing a clean install. will try installation again.

Last edited:
Associate
As long as the game supports ray tracing it should just be an option in the game settings to enable.

Just need to make sure windows 10 is on the latest build a well.

This bit me - Metro Exodus crashed if RT was turned on, but I eventually worked out I didn't have the latest Win 10 update installed.

Caporegime
v430.39 WHQL Released.

Game Ready
Provides the optimal gaming experience for Mortal Kombat 11, Anthem, and Strange Brigade

Gaming Technology
Includes support GeForce GTX 1650 desktop, and GeForce GTX 1660 Ti and GTX 1650 notebook GPUs.
Adds support for seven new G-SYNC compatible monitors
Adds support for Windows 10 May 2019 Update (including Variable Rate Shading)

Fixed Issues
  • [madVR][HDR]: MadVR is not rendering videos in HDR mode using MPC player. [200505657]
  • [Surround][G-SYNC][Pascal GPU]: G-SYNC does not engage when using Surround resolution. [200505986]
  • Random desktop flicker occurs on some multi-display PCs [2453059]
  • Memory leaks occur when launching games. [2551904]
Known Issues
  • [NVIDIA Control Panel]: When the 3D Settings page->Vertical Sync setting is set to
    Adaptive Sync (half refresh rate), V-Sync works only at the native refresh rate after
    rebooting the system. [2543187]

Soldato
Anyone else with a 2080ti tried the Time Spy benchmark after this and it flickers ? Tried several other benchmarks and a few games to be sure and they are fine. Small increase in result on this benchmark.

Also dont know whether its me but the RT portal benchmark on 3dMark before the ship surface was nice and shiny like new. Now after installing these drivers I can see what look like scratches, dirt and in-perfections has anyone else noticed it ?

Back
Top Bottom