Friday LOL thread: "Pro-Brexit protesters block Aldi because it's German"

Caporegime
Nah the fake news is the headline, it's hyperbolic and is no where near news worthy.

It is not fake, it is entirely accurate. May or may not be newsworthy but it certainly highlights the cognitive challenges many Brexiters face.

Soldato
It is not fake, it is entirely accurate. May or may not be newsworthy but it certainly highlights the cognitive challenges many Brexiters face.

Cognitive challenges LOL. Count to 5, then count to 17,400,000. Clearly indicative and news worthy.

Soldato
One was three years ago and irrelevent (lmao) and this just happened, why aren’t you there with them bro?

Just don’t believe enough clearly.

I don't think wanting to leave the EU has ANYTHING to do with German owned supermarkets. Why don't you get back to reading your Communist manifesto

Caporegime
There-are-Dozens-of-Us.jpg

Soldato
Brb gonna buy more **** from Aldi.

Ironically they support the farmers and fishermen more than homegrown stores do for what is supposed to be a foreign store.
every piece of fresh meat and veg I got from there yesterday was grown in GB.

These helmets really should have done a bit of homework before mounting up

Soldato
every piece of fresh meat and veg I got from there yesterday was grown in GB.

These helmets really should have done a bit of homework before mounting up

Most of the packaged stuff isn't from the UK though. I don't know where they get it from but it all tastes vile.

Permabanned
Yeah this doesn't sound staged at all, to be clear most Brexiteers are not anti-Europe they're anti-EU (the political/federal union) but the EU and their cohorts try to conflate the two, a rejection of the EU is not a rejection of cooperation with Europe.

If anything it's remainers who are bigoted/intolerant towards food from elsewhere around the world because they are incredibily hostile towards food imported from outside of the EU (which maintains a protectionist, artificially high food prices under the guise of food safety). As we all know US/Australian/New Zealand food is such poor quality that their people are lucky to live beyond 30 years old, if only they had EU food standards and twice the prices they could reach pension age. Americans and Australians are so unhealthy because of their non-EU food that they're absolutely rubbish compared to us in the Olympics. Most Brexiteers would be happy to have the choice of cheaper food from elsewhere around the world and the artificially inflated EU food, competition is good but remainers don't want anyone to have the choice. I bet if you bought American beef you'd get horse meat or something, oh yeah where have I heard that happening before...
Didn’t know you’re a daily mail reader...

I’m hoping this post is an attempt at sarcasm.

Soldato
Stories like this one posted by the Metro are literally being printed to turn public opinion against Brexit, it's deliberate and subtle. There's no equivalent stories printed of Remainers doing outrageous things, even when half of them are borderline psycho's based on what I see when I dare venture on Twitter to see a myriad of European flags followed by hysterical ramblings about Nigel Farage being the next Adolf Hitler

Man of Honour
Stories like this one posted by the Metro are literally being printed to turn public opinion against Brexit, it's deliberate and subtle. There's no equivalent stories printed of Remainers doing outrageous things, even when half of them are borderline psycho's based on what I see when I dare venture on Twitter to see a myriad of European flags followed by hysterical ramblings about Nigel Farage being the next Adolf Hitler

I've seen two ad campaigns so far today for supposed surveys on leaving/second referendum which have an image showing strong leave winning results but don't actually go to a survey - obviously being used to manipulate people's perception.

Same with all the media pieces about how they had 1000 lorries signed up to blockade the M5 in protest against Brexit not already having been implemented and all that turned up was one van and two cars.

Soldato
I've seen two ad campaigns so far today for supposed surveys on leaving/second referendum which have an image showing strong leave winning results but don't actually go to a survey - obviously being used to manipulate people's perception.

Where were they?

Soldato
Yeah this doesn't sound staged at all, to be clear most Brexiteers are not anti-Europe they're anti-EU (the political/federal union) but the EU and their cohorts try to conflate the two, a rejection of the EU is not a rejection of cooperation with Europe.

If anything it's remainers who are bigoted/intolerant towards food from elsewhere around the world because they are incredibily hostile towards food imported from outside of the EU (which maintains a protectionist, artificially high food prices under the guise of food safety). As we all know US/Australian/New Zealand food is such poor quality that their people are lucky to live beyond 30 years old, if only they had EU food standards and twice the prices they could reach pension age. Americans and Australians are so unhealthy because of their non-EU food that they're absolutely rubbish compared to us in the Olympics. Most Brexiteers would be happy to have the choice of cheaper food from elsewhere around the world and the artificially inflated EU food, competition is good but remainers don't want anyone to have the choice. I bet if you bought American beef you'd get horse meat or something, oh yeah where have I heard that happening before...

Haha I'm sorry but what a load of tripe. If there is one thing this process has shown us there is no consensus on what Brexiteers think other than they want us out of the EU for one reason or another to one degree or another.

As for Remainers not wanting food from outside the EU, where did you get that from? TBH though I do think flying food halfway around the planet when it can be bought from just a few hundred miles away is madness. It has nothing to do with protectionism but wasting energy and further polluting the planet unnecessarily.

Back
Top Bottom