Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [12th - 16th April 2019]

Man of Honour
Controversial but I'd not be sad if Rashford left, I get that's a step too far given the cost to replace all these players but I really don't see him being that good. He had a good few games when Solskjaer took over, as did the whole squad, but other than that he's just running in to dead ends and far too wasteful

Soldato
Sad but we genuinely could get rid of all of those players and not suffer. Could probably add Lingard, McTominay and Smalling to that list.
Yeah they’d be periphery players for sure.

Fred is a liability.

Agreed about Rashford. As I mentioned in the Barca game, he’s just not quite there. His finishing is not clinical enough to be our main striker.

fez

fez

Caporegime
God I want to slap some of our players (all of our defenders). Smalling with some more lazy, complacent defending. Antonio deserved a goal for that strike.

Soldato

fez

fez

Caporegime
McTominay vs Barcelona:

100% defensive aerials won
100% tackles won
80% pass accuracy
5 ball recoveries
3 fouls in middle third
2/3 take-ons

I can't believe that anyone that has watched McTominay since he came into the team can think he is good enough for a team with any real aspirations. He played well against a really sub-par Barca but that doesn't make him a good player.

Soldato
I can't believe that anyone that has watched McTominay since he came into the team can think he is good enough for a team with any real aspirations. He played well against a really sub-par Barca but that doesn't make him a good player.
Completely agree. If we go with the logic of one game Fred would be world class due to a reasonable PSG game.

Anonymous, languid game with no confidence but somehow we squeezed a win with penalties. I’ll take it.

Soldato
#LFC starting XI v #CFC: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Henderson, Keita, Salah, Mane, Firmino

Subs: Mignolet, Lovren, Milner, Wijnaldum, Shaqiri, Sturridge, Origi

Glad he has got fabinho in and not reverted to the trusted three

Back
Top Bottom